STrib: Minneapolis finalist for NCAA Final Four in new stadium

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

The NCAA announced the city is a finalist for the 2017-2020 men’s Final Four. Along with Minneapolis, Atlanta, Indianapolis, New Orleans, North Texas, Phoenix/Glendale, San Antonio and St. Louis are among the eight finalists. Each city will make in-person presentations during the NCAA’s fall meetings with the winning bids to be announced in November.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/242273811.html

Go Gophers!!

Glad to hear it. That means if they get it Minneapolis will have a 1st/2nd round or regional semis/finals sometime before the Final Four, probably the previous year. Perhaps maybe 2 different years.

Hopefully both Minneapolis and Phoenix/Glendale can get the final four. Would love to see the Final 4.

Bring it on, so that Arizona and Minnesota will be in Final Four in both vendettas. I will go to Phoenix for a Final Four and my daughter from Phoenix will come here for a Final Four. Alas, I dream.

Officials also making a bid for a Super Bowl.

Hope we hear something soon about a bid for the NCAA Football Championship Game and The Big Ten Championship game.

As much as I dislike the funding mech for the new stadium I think it will be a tremendous venue.

Anyone know how/if they distribute tickets to the host school for a Final Four? As a season ticketholder, I have always been able to get tickets when the U has hosted the first or second weekend of the tournament. I still had student tickets back in '92 and I got tickets for the 2001 Final Four from another source, not the U. I am sure I would have tried to get tickets if I had that option, but I can't remember what happened.

Anyone know how/if they distribute tickets to the host school for a Final Four? As a season ticketholder, I have always been able to get tickets when the U has hosted the first or second weekend of the tournament. I still had student tickets back in '92 and I got tickets for the 2001 Final Four from another source, not the U. I am sure I would have tried to get tickets if I had that option, but I can't remember what happened.

Won't be easy to get tickets through our office and if you do, they will be so far away you will barely know you're at a basketball game. Regional tickets have always been easy and decent if a little pricey. The one Final Four I remember I don't even recall getting an application for tickets through the ticket office.

Top Bottom