Crazy Season.

balds

Reaction score
In October, I could have never imagined the following being true on January 25th:

We would be 15-5.

We would be 4-3, good for 4th in the Big Ten.

Of our 5 losses, four would include #2 Syracuse, at #3 Michigan St. (overtime), at #10 Iowa, and #21 Michigan (I think we should have won).

DeAndre would be the best player on our team.

Malik Smith would be a serious weapon in the Big Ten.

Oto would be a serious contributor on a Big Ten team.

EE and Mo would be a force down low.

Kudos to Pitino and staff for excellent work.

Kudos to the players for buying into the new staff and putting in the hard work and effort.

I've always thought, despite the other professional options, that this town is a sleeping giant and a potential powder keg for college football and basketball. We may have finally found some matches.

Keep that Barn a rockin'.

Goldy so deserves this!

Definitely been exciting so far. Even getting to the tournament would be an accomplishment considering preseason predictions and it seems we are well on our way there. Anyone who doesn't love the Pitino hire yet is crazy.

Second the motion on the players' hard work. When Richard first arrived, he praised the players' attitude and coachability and credited Tubby with instilling it. That's all turned out to be true; he wasn't just blowing smoke.

Second the motion on the players' hard work. When Richard first arrived, he praised the players' attitude and coachability and credited Tubby with instilling it. That's all turned out to be true; he wasn't just blowing smoke.

I agree, they just needed someone to pump them up, Tubby recruited some good kids that worked hard and still do, the next step was gaining some confidence

The Hollins brothers are pretty good in that respect. I'll give Tubby credit for recruiting some nice kids. Eliason is a good kid too - he just really wants to succeed, that's the way I see it with him. And Maverick is a good influence as well.

Agree with most of the original points. Still Andre Hollins is our best player. However Dre Mathieu makes so many things happen. But Dre Hollins is still number one

I've always thought, despite the other professional options, that this town is a sleeping giant and a potential powder keg for college football and basketball. We may have finally found some matches.

The pro teams aren't winning, so the college kids might as well

DeAndre has been a HUGE surprise. Really.....looking back at his offer list, he had some good offers. Even so.....I couldn't have been more pleased with the way he has been playing. If you would have told me at the beginning of the season that Mathieu would be our most important player......I would have said that you are insane. And this was not meant to take anything away from Elliot or Hollins. Each plays a significant part in each of our victories. Pitino silently assembled a very good roster.

Top Bottom