Big Ten games Today

station19

Reaction score
Iowa @ Northwestern 11:00 BTN
Wisconsin @ Purdue 4:00 BTN
Michigan @ Michigan St 6:00 ESPN

Why are there no games in the 1:00 or 2:00 slot. There's 6 other teams that are moved from Saturday (for TV reasons), yet the 1:00 or 2:00 slot sits open on a Saturday. I don't get it.

At least the Gophers and Nebraska get the coveted 5 PM Sunday slot.

NU scores 50 again, proving my theory if you score more than 50, you win.

I like having the games spread out over the weekend. Who has time to sit all day and watch the games? I don't get your issue with that.

looks like we can now look fwd to a weekly post from 19 complaining about the BT weekend schedule.

Iowa @ Northwestern 11:00 BTN
Wisconsin @ Purdue 4:00 BTN
Michigan @ Michigan St 6:00 ESPN

Why are there no games in the 1:00 or 2:00 slot. There's 6 other teams that are moved from Saturday (for TV reasons), yet the 1:00 or 2:00 slot sits open on a Saturday. I don't get it.

At least the Gophers and Nebraska get the coveted 5 PM Sunday slot.

Gopher-Iowa wrestling is in the1:00 time slot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not complaining what I get to watch on TV.

It sucks for the schools/programs. If the game was at The Barn and you were attending the game would you prefer a Sat. afternoon or Sunday at 4 PM? Sucks for attendance numbers, atmosphere and convenience. Weekday 6 pm games at the Barn start with a half full arens, it sucks but I understand why and it won't change.

I fully understand that you can't Televise all the games at same time and it's about money but why do they move games to Sunday and carry a wrestling match on Saturday afternoon? BTN was started to make money from football and men's basketball................that's it. There is not a great demand to watch Big Ten wrestling.

And stay off my lawn.

I'm not complaining what I get to watch on TV.

It sucks for the schools/programs. If the game was at The Barn and you were attending the game would you prefer a Sat. afternoon or Sunday at 4 PM? Sucks for attendance numbers, atmosphere and convenience. Weekday 6 pm games at the Barn start with a half full arens, it sucks but I understand why and it won't change.

I fully understand that you can't Televise all the games at same time and it's about money but why do they move games to Sunday and carry a wrestling match on Saturday afternoon? BTN was started to make money from football and men's basketball................that's it. There is not a great demand to watch Big Ten wrestling.

And stay off my lawn.

Especially that area "Where Bambi goes, Nothing grows!!!".

I'm not complaining what I get to watch on TV. It sucks for the schools/programs. If the game was at The Barn and you were attending the game would you prefer a Sat. afternoon or Sunday at 4 PM? Sucks for attendance numbers, atmosphere and convenience. Weekday 6 pm games at the Barn start with a half full arens, it sucks but I understand why and it won't change. I fully understand that you can't Televise all the games at same time and it's about money but why do they move games to Sunday and carry a wrestling match on Saturday afternoon? BTN was started to make money from football and men's basketball................that's it. There is not a great demand to watch Big Ten wrestling. And stay off my lawn.

I still don't get it I guess. Saturday at 1 vs Sunday at 5? I don't have a strong preference but the 5pm start works better for me. Is this an outstate thing?

Gold Vision;836974[B said:
]I still don't get it I guess[/B]. Saturday at 1 vs Sunday at 5? I don't have a strong preference but the 5pm start works better for me. Is this an outstate thing?

This is my last attempt. Saturday has always been College Football day and College basketball day. It's the middle of the weekend. It's the highlight of the weekend, not something going on when everything else is ending.

It's not what works better for you. It's not what works better for me. It's' moving basketball to a non eventful time so they can televise a fricking wrestling match. It's about people going to and at the event.

Think outside the box of what 'works best for you'.

Promise?

Who's in the box?

That's really what this is about. You are the only one I've ever heard complain about this.

OMG! I will guarantee you everyone in the athletic depts would much prefer the games on a sat afternoon than on sunday at 4pm.(the exception today might be the wrestling team) I will guarantee you 99% of the people attending the game would prefer a sat afternoon(or at least sat pm).... the exception would be those who have conflicts. It's the same as football. Would you like our football games to be played at 4 pm on Sundays. That would be convenient for pre-game and post game activiies.

Are you so young that you don't realize what Saturday basketball is/was? Have you ever been to a game? I am completely dumbfounded by you lack of understanding.

OMG! I will guarantee you everyone in the athletic depts would much prefer the games on a sat afternoon than on sunday at 4pm.(the exception today might be the wrestling team) I will guarantee you 99% of the people attending the game would prefer a sat afternoon(or at least sat pm).... the exception would be those who have conflicts. It's the same as football. Would you like our football games to be played at 4 pm on Sundays. That would be convenient for pre-game and post game activiies. Are you so young that you don't realize what Saturday basketball is/was? Have you ever been to a game? I am completely dumbfounded by you lack of understanding.
First year in ten years I haven't at least split season tickets. Only been to three games this year. I'm pretty sure you are commenting during every game, when's the last time you were there? You're right, there is so much outrage every time you start this thread, that 99% is extremely vocal.

You're probably right though, I can't imagine any major sport being successful showcasing it's product on Sunday afternoon.

First year in ten years I haven't at least split season tickets. Only been to three games this year. I'm pretty sure you are commenting during every game, when's the last time you were there?

You're right, there is so much outrage every time you start this thread, that 99% is extremely vocal.

No sense in continuing this discussion.

Damn BTN - time to shut it off if they can't do better than this. I'm with 19. I eat at 4 PM and can't stay up that late. And another thing, Sunday is for God and the NFL, why is NCAABB on? Huh? Huh???? That's what I thought...silence.

Top Bottom