STrib blog: A win at Nebraska could help vault the Gophers into the national top-25

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Amelia:

Will Minnesota vault into the national rankings?

I think my immediate response was that no, the Gophers don't quite have enough strength to make it this week, but after looking at the bottom of the AP poll, I've hedged on that a little bit.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/241850861.html

Go Gophers!!

c

Nebraska Basketball: Penn State Overcomes Huskers 58-54

"Sometimes you're the pig. Sometimes you're the lipstick. Tonight, the Huskers were the pig. But, oh man, they were so close to being the Revlon part of this disgusting word picture. There wasn't much about this game that anyone will look back on fondly. In fact, if you're a Nebraska basketball fan, there won't be anything as they dropped an agonizingly familiar game 58-54 to the Penn State Nittany Lions."

http://www.cornnation.com/2014/1/24/5340984/nebraska-basketball-penn-state-overcomes-huskers-58-54

If we beat Nebraska we'll be ranked 20-25. We'll be ranked in the top 4 of the Big Ten and have two solid conference wins to go along with our solid non-conference showing.

Has anyone really looked at our schedule? We've played the #1,2,3,5,6,7,12 teams in the Big Ten, meaning the only one's we haven't played are #8,9,10,11. So impressive to be 4-3 after those tough games and wins over those other four teams shouldn't be too difficult. Then again, we are Minnesota so you never know.

I'm still nervous about this game. I know they just lost to Penn State, but they are a much different team at home.

I'm still nervous about this game. I know they just lost to Penn State, but they are a much different team at home.

I agree, I have seen most of their home games. The Huskers do have a few guys that can score. Plus, I still remember the game in Lincoln last year.

I agree, I have seen most of their home games. The Huskers do have a few guys that can score. Plus, I still remember the game in Lincoln last year.

The good thing about last year is that this program is much different from last year. The bad thing about the upcoming game is that Dre is out. This is pretty much a tossup. If the Gophers win I'll be thrilled!

Top Bottom