Poll Watch: CBS - Richard Pitino has joined Rick Pitino in the updated Top 25 (+one)

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Richard Pitino has joined Rick Pitino in the updated Top 25 (and one). — <a href="http://t.co/PVqxFvXcHP">http://t.co/PVqxFvXcHP</a></p>— Gary Parrish (@GaryParrishCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/statuses/426358229539758081">January 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nice praise from the Louisville fans.

Want to know why I think he never leaves us for Louisville? Because the fans already call him "Little Rick" and "Rick Jr.", so he would always be in his father's shadow. I think Richard is much more of his own man who wants to create his own footsteps, rather than follow in his dad's very large ones.

Nice praise from the Louisville fans.

Want to know why I think he never leaves us for Louisville? Because the fans already call him "Little Rick" and "Rick Jr.", so he would always be in his father's shadow. I think Richard is much more of his own man who wants to create his own footsteps, rather than follow in his dad's very large ones.

Agreed. I'd be shocked if he ever ends up in Louisville for this reason.

Agreed. I'd be shocked if he ever ends up in Louisville for this reason.

If you listen to them, the parties have basically agreed to terms, and it's just a matter of some contract language at this point.

Want to keep Coach Pitino? Build a practice facility.

That's what scares me if it's true that Teague is already thinking about high-tailing it out of town. Is he seeing something, or getting a serious vibe he doesn't like? Does he see that rounding up the donors and raising the funds for the master facilites plan is never gonna' happen? That's the first thing that came to my mind when I heard he (might be) considering the Virginia Tech AD job.

That's what scares me if it's true that Teague is already thinking about high-tailing it out of town. Is he seeing something, or getting a serious vibe he doesn't like? Does he see that rounding up the donors and raising the funds for the master facilites plan is never gonna' happen? That's the first thing that came to my mind when I heard he (might be) considering the Virginia Tech AD job.

Same with me SS. More than just possibly losing Teague but is there something unappealing about the situation?

WTF? That "rumor" was total B.S., why are we still talking about Teague leaving?

WTF? That "rumor" was total B.S., why are we still talking about Teague leaving?

Really no way to tell if had an interest in the job or not. Said he was not a candidate for the job. Doesn't mean he didn't check it out. If I had to make a wager I would say just bad rumor.....but you never know.

Really no way to tell if had an interest in the job or not. Said he was not a candidate for the job. Doesn't mean he didn't check it out. If I had to make a wager I would say just bad rumor.....but you never know.

One thing I've noticed in these national searches is that some reporter or blogger gets a source to tell them all the people they have talked about or maybe called about a given job. Then, said reporter or blogger lists all the "candidates" regardless of whether the person had any interest at all.

One thing I've noticed in these national searches is that some reporter or blogger gets a source to tell them all the people they have talked about or maybe called about a given job. Then, said reporter or blogger lists all the "candidates" regardless of whether the person had any interest at all.

And that would be my guess as to what happened. But like I said you never know.

Then just go with you hunch and stop talking about it!

Anyone want to break the news to them that Minnesota isn't Louisville's AAA affiliate?

Would be interesting to post the comments the elder Pitino made at halftime of the SDSU game.

Here is a sample of one post from the Louisville board that I liked.. this is the type of stuff we need, more interest nationally as that will drive recruiting..

"That old gym they play in looked wild last night. It looked like they had it full of students. He is creating a tough environment for teams to come in and try to win on the road. I never thought I would be watching Minnesota games, but he brings a new level of interest to their program."

Want to keep Coach Pitino? Build a practice facility.

Yeah, or maybe hope his words lie not at face value, and that he really is endlessly grateful at being invited into the fraternity of Big Ten coaches at the tender age of 31, and humbled at replacing someone like Tubby Smith, and someone who loves the area, the tradition, and the Barn. If all those things are true, then he will wait, and if not then he will go, never ours to begin with.

Either way, not going to expend one powerless ounce sweat nor angst over it, but rather just sit back and enjoy the journey, as what else is there? One can sit forth in anxiety while wringing their hands to dust on and on into eternity, worrying on and about outcomes and possibilities which might ever come to pass, or just might equally not, and how therein lies the pointlessness and waste of such twiddling activity, or maybe that's just me.

Top Bottom