Injury Watch: 1/31 - Pitino: Dre out for NW and unlikely for Purdue

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> Pitino on 1500 says Andre Hollins will have an MRI tomorrow.</p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/426209356149829632">January 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not sure how many games the Gophers are going to shoot over 55% to cover for him. Malik will pick up a lot of those minutes, and Mathieu will have to shoulder more responsibility to score; and neither is too bad of a thing. But, it could be rough if Dre is out a while.

At least we have a lighter portion of our schedule coming up, though a lot of these teams (Nebraska and NW) have looked kind of good as of late.

Didn't look too good, but, only 1 game over the next 9 days. Here's hoping he can make it back over that span.

I dont think its that bad considering he was walking on his own power after the game and celebrating with the team, this is probably just for precaution, wouldn't be surprised to see him suit up for nebraska, though probably best just to sit him out the 9 days and not rush him back,

At least we have a lighter portion of our schedule coming up, though a lot of these teams (Nebraska and NW) have looked kind of good as of late.

Agreed, sitting him for one game would seem to be a likely scenario, giving him 9 days of rest. However, while we are expected to win, we can't take the game this weekend @ Nebraska for granted (or any B1G game). We'll need several guards to step up again. Hope Dre comes back quickly!

My guess is High ankle sprain, which is gonna nag him for some time.... I didn't like the way it looked or how he reacted....

I'm just glad it wasn't the knee..when I first saw him on the ground it look like he grabbed for the knee.

Agreed, sitting him for one game would seem to be a likely scenario, giving him 9 days of rest. However, while we are expected to win, we can't take the game this weekend @ Nebraska for granted (or any B1G game). We'll need several guards to step up again. Hope Dre comes back quickly!

Yeah, I'm even more nervous for Nebraska after huge win last night. This is a good test for Pitino, can't let the team get too high or too low. That is something Tubby struggled with.

Yeah, I'm even more nervous for Nebraska after huge win last night. This is a good test for Pitino, can't let the team get too high or too low. That is something Tubby struggled with.

I agree. I think the OSU win took a little out of the boys last week (from an emotional standpoint). This is a big 4 game stretch. 3-1 should be a realistic expectation.

Ugh, that sucks if true. Looks like a classic rolled ankle. Damn.

Name an injury that keeps you from even sitting on the bench for the rest of the game but yet is one you can recover from in nine days...

Name an injury that keeps you from even sitting on the bench for the rest of the game but yet is one you can recover from in nine days...

Ummm he was sitting on the bench. And smiling and laughing...

Ummm he was sitting on the bench. And smiling and laughing...

I wasn't at the game, but watching on TV I didn't see him on the bench until right at the end. He was wearing a big boot. Did he watch most of the game from the bench?

Hmm. I looked across the court several times throughout the game and did not see any sign of him. When exactly did he come up?

No idea, I just remember him smiling and laughing after one of our runs in the 2nd half. So I know he returned to the bench at some point. Other posters also said he joined the huddle on the court at least once without crutches.

Hmm. I looked across the court several times throughout the game and did not see any sign of him. When exactly did he come up?

Didn't see him come up, but he was there at the end of the game and did the post game rouser while in the boot.

That ligament comment was trolling. Philly, are you from Wisconsin? You're giving messag boards a bad name.

Didn't see him come up, but he was there at the end of the game and did the post game rouser while in the boot. That ligament comment was trolling. Philly, are you from Wisconsin? You're giving messag boards a bad name.

I saw the same thing. Wasn't out until the end of the game when they were shaking hands. I also saw Banham go down into the locker room about midway through 2nd half.

GiP is a "non-source" much like myself and 90% of the people on this board. He's large, and thinks he's in charge. But he's not. He's silly and knows nothing. Great win for Minny last night. Dre could be out 4 weeks with a bad sprain or as little as seven days, it all depends. The key is the ligament. Did it pull the bone away and cause a small fracture? If so, we are talking extended absence with no timetable. Bad ankle sprains are often about pain tolerance after 10 days. Sometimes, with proper medication and wrapping, players can return after a short time. Most take at least 2 weeks though. We shall see. We have some depth at his position, which is nice.

I wasn't at the game, but watching on TV I didn't see him on the bench until right at the end. He was wearing a big boot. Did he watch most of the game from the bench?

i was at the game and kept checking for him coming out of the tunnel-- didn't notice him on the bench til the last minute or two

It didn't look high, but that's a pretty wild guess by me.

I agree with this.

My educated guess is ankle sprain. This was a classic turning of the ankle. Anyone that's played a fair amount of basketball has landed on another player's foot after a jumper. You turn your ankle and sprain it.

My guess is he's out 2 games.

Top Bottom