Scalpers for the game tonight

Gopher Fanatic

Reaction score
Usually don't go scalping.

I was wondering if they'll be out tonight even though it's going to be freezing. Also how much do you think they'll cost? Not usually a cash guy so I want to know how much I should bring.

Thanks!

If you are a Gopher Fan? $40.

If you are a Badger Fan? Not for sale.

Your first post on GH gives you away.

Thank you. I am a gopher fan by the way. Better dead than red.

What time do you recommend I arrive?

I would take much more than $40/ticket. Take $60 per ticket to be on the safe side. There are still a few tickets available at the box office if you don't want to pay inflated prices.

I picked up minor obstructed view seats in the lower level corner for $40 each yesterday (no fees either) from mygophersports.com

For those that go to the game tonight and try to buy scalped tix, let us know how the market was. I'm going to the Indiana game with friends and we are debating on buying in advance or rolling the dice and buying on the street.

For those that go to the game tonight and try to buy scalped tix, let us know how the market was. I'm going to the Indiana game with friends and we are debating on buying in advance or rolling the dice and buying on the street.

In my opinion, just buy one from the school for $40 or $45. Help 'em sell out, no waiting in the cold to get a ticket, and you don't have to worry about making sure you get seats together or get in the doors on time.

In my opinion, just buy one from the school for $40 or $45. Help 'em sell out, no waiting in the cold to get a ticket, and you don't have to worry about making sure you get seats together or get in the doors on time.

We were hoping to get decent seats for this game (a couple guys go to one game a year and want to splurge a bit). Partially obstructed seats are not appealing.

We were hoping to get decent seats for this game (a couple guys go to one game a year and want to splurge a bit). Partially obstructed seats are not appealing.

I think the max the U charges is $50. Probably going to have a tough time finding scalped ones for less than that, especially if there is more than one person.

V
I think the max the U charges is $50. Probably going to have a tough time finding scalped ones for less than that, especially if there is more than one person.

We're expecting to pay more than $50 per ticket

Got a couple lower level center court for $65 a piece. I got them about a hour before tip, probably would've been cheaper if I waited.

V

We're expecting to pay more than $50 per ticket

Surprising that you could get what sounds like good seats that cheap? Maybe the freezing weather made for a buyers market on the street? In comparison, I was looking for a single to the Gophers game in Iowa City and the cheapest seats on Stub Hub were around $100 with good seats significantly more than that. Obviously not an apples to apples comparison, but seems like you got a great deal. In hindsight, I am glad I didn't go to IC and I would have paid $500 to be in the Barn in your seats last night!

Surprising that you could get what sounds like good seats that cheap? Maybe the freezing weather made for a buyers market on the street? In comparison, I was looking for a single to the Gophers game in Iowa City and the cheapest seats on Stub Hub were around $100 with good seats significantly more than that. Obviously not an apples to apples comparison, but seems like you got a great deal. In hindsight, I am glad I didn't go to IC and I would have paid $500 to be in the Barn in your seats last night!

Yeah, I was surprised as well.

I can't stand StubHub, that's what I've always used in the past and I won't ever use it again. Scalping seems to be much cheaper and actually easier.

You know it was a cold night when most of the scalpers had retreated to the Oak Street Ramp elevator lobby.

Any chance I can get in the door tomorrow for $30-35 from a scalper?

Wait until 10+ minutes after tipoff and I bet you could name your price. Northwestern is not a big draw. Just a guess.

Top Bottom