BTN's Stephen Bardo: Spartans seize top spot in Power Rankings (Minn #4)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Bardo:

4. Minnesota (14-5, 3-3). In spite of losing by double digits at Iowa, I still really like this Gophers team. They have a collective spirit about them that makes them competitive in every game and they pull for one another as well as any team in the Big Ten. For Richard Pitino to blend players that were there before his arrival with transfer DeAndre Mathieu and Malik Smith and have this result thus far makes him a candidate for Big Ten coach of the year.
Last week: 7

http://btn.com/2014/01/19/bardo-spartans-seize-top-spot-in-power-rankings/?cmp=user+shared+twitter

Go Gophers!!

per Bardo:

4. Minnesota (14-5, 3-3). In spite of losing by double digits at Iowa, I still really like this Gophers team. They have a collective spirit about them that makes them competitive in every game and they pull for one another as well as any team in the Big Ten. For Richard Pitino to blend players that were there before his arrival with transfer DeAndre Mathieu and Malik Smith and have this result thus far makes him a candidate for Big Ten coach of the year.
Last week: 7

http://btn.com/2014/01/19/bardo-spartans-seize-top-spot-in-power-rankings/?cmp=user+shared+twitter

Go Gophers!!

I'm seeing what he's seeing. When was the last time any of us has seen a Gopher team as focused and organized as this one? It's not top tier talent, but they are really good. As a season ticket holder, I enter the arena knowing we will be competitive and expecting to win. Very different from the recent past when I hoped we would be competitive and maybe e would win.

I'm seeing what he's seeing. When was the last time any of us has seen a Gopher team as focused and organized as this one? It's not top tier talent, but they are really good. As a season ticket holder, I enter the arena knowing we will be competitive and expecting to win. Very different from the recent past when I hoped we would be competitive and maybe e would win.

Feel the same way. If nothing else the Gophers are going to be properly prepared for each and every opponent. If there are matchup problems we need to hide, or matchup advantages for us to exploit, feel like no stone will be left unturned in game prep. Doesn't mean it will work out all the time, but the Gophers will be prepared.

Feel the same way. If nothing else the Gophers are going to be properly prepared for each and every opponent. If there are matchup problems we need to hide, or matchup advantages for us to exploit, feel like no stone will be left unturned in game prep. Doesn't mean it will work out all the time, but the Gophers will be prepared.

This. And having a coach on the sideline who is firey and gives a damn is such a nice change over the coach who just sat on the stool while the game fell apart (or never got started).

Top Bottom