BT Tournament

gopherfan8

Reaction score
Question for people who have purchased all-session tickets to the BT Tournament. Has anyone heard when we will get actual seating assignments? Also curious to see how many here are planning on going, hope we have a nice Gophers contingent!

Question for people who have purchased all-session tickets to the BT Tournament. Has anyone heard when we will get actual seating assignments? Also curious to see how many here are planning on going, hope we have a nice Gophers contingent!

Usually don't get the tickets until a couple weeks before the tournament. However, before that time you'll find out whether you got the better seats ($325). If assigned the lesser seats ($240) I think they give you the option of canceling the order or getting a refund for the difference.

I will be there and have been many times, along with a group of 12. Tickets come at the last minute. Risk of being uptairs grows with the addition of more teams. For my money, the upstairs view might be less preferable than TV. Current administration of the ticket office appears to be more organized than in the past as well.

Thanks. I have a group of 5, was just hoping to find out where our seats are going to be soon and wasn't sure if anyone knew in the past when we found that out. I have gone a lot before but just but the individual session tickets, but this year I decided to go to the whole thing.

Talked with the ticket office yesterday. They said the Gophers did not sell out their allotment of tickets, and they said they believe everyone will be in the $325 range (wouldn't guarantee it but said she was pretty sure). They will be doing assignments in the next week or two and will let us know location then.

Talked with the ticket office yesterday. They said the Gophers did not sell out their allotment of tickets, and they said they believe everyone will be in the $325 range (wouldn't guarantee it but said she was pretty sure).

Great news. One tournament in the nosebleeds was enough.

Big Ten Tournament Bracket (through Jan. 28)/BTT Trivia

First Round (Thursday, March 13)
11 a.m. CST -- #8 Purdue (3-4) vs. #9 Northwestern (3-5), BTN
1:25 p.m. -- #5 GOPHERS (4-4) vs. #12 Penn State (1-6), BTN
5:30 p.m. -- #7 Indiana (3-4) vs. #10 Nebraska (2-5), ESPN2
7:55 p.m. -- #6 Ohio State (3-4) vs. #11 Illinois (2-6), ESPN2

Quarterfinals (Friday, March 14)
11 a.m. -- #1 Michigan (7-0) vs. Purdue/Northwestern winner, ESPN/ESPN2
1:25 p.m. -- #4 Wisconsin (4-3) vs. GOPHERS/Penn State winner, ESPN/ESPN2
5:30 p.m. -- #2 Michigan State (8-1) vs. Indiana/Nebraska winner, BTN
7:55 p.m. -- #3 Iowa (5-3) vs. Ohio State/Illinois winner, BTN

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...4/misc_non_event/2014bigtentourneybracket.pdf

Big Ten Tournament Trivia
(1) Without the help of the internet, can you name the 4 Gophers (and the year) selected to the All-Tournament team?

(2) What Big Ten rivals have never met in the tournament's 16-year history?

Going to take a shot at #1...
Devoe (2009)
Grier (2005)
Quincy (1999)
Pryz (2000)

Edit: I looked it up, and wasn't as far off as I expected, but WOW the one I missed sure was embarrassing....

Going to take a shot at #1...
Devoe (2009)
Grier (2005)
Quincy (1999)
Pryz (2000)

Edit: I looked it up, and wasn't as far off as I expected, but WOW the one I missed sure was embarrassing....

Q ('98), Grier ('05), and DeJo ('10) are correct. We're still missing one.

With the way OSU and Wisky are struggling, I really think 4th place and a first day bye are up for grabs. I think we would have a very good chance at 4th with a healthy Andre. Sure seems like people are not changing their expectations for the team without Andre.

I'm not worried about a #4 or #5 finish yet.
Too early and too much odd stuff going on with this conference. We could have 8 teams around 8-10 the way this is shaking out.
If we don't beat teams like Nebraska, Illinois, Indiana, @Purdue, Northwestern, it doesn't much matter what we think right now.

Q ('98), Grier ('05), and DeJo ('10) are correct. We're still missing one.

I am going to guess, the last time it was in Indy we were a very low seed, upset our opponent in the first round and took Michigan to OT. So someone, from that team, I assume Andre Hollins 2012?

I am going to guess, the last time it was in Indy we were a very low seed, upset our opponent in the first round and took Michigan to OT. So someone, from that team, I assume Andre Hollins 2012?

That is correct.

Too early and too much odd stuff going on with this conference. We could have 8 teams around 8-10 the way this is shaking out.
If we don't beat teams like Nebraska, Illinois, Indiana, @Purdue, Northwestern, it doesn't much matter what we think right now.

Yeah this is how I mostly feel. I just want to make the tournament, anything else will be gravy. I'm also not going to start penciling wins until A) we win a game without Dre or B) Dre comes back near 100% healthy. We are a different team without him.

If we don't beat them it won't matter what we think then either.

Yeah this is how I mostly feel. I just want to make the tournament, anything else will be gravy. I'm also not going to start penciling wins until A) we win a game without Dre or B) Dre comes back near 100% healthy. We are a different team without him.

I'm with you. The difference for making or not making the tournament(as well as finishing fourth in B1G) could come down to one or two games. Missing Andre could easily make the difference in one or more games. Most likely was the difference @ NE.

Top Bottom