Post-Game Thread (w/ some Pregame stuff too)

GameDay

Reaction score
So, after settling down after a crazily played, and refereed game, I can make logical thoughts without overreacting. Here's what I take away.

1) We lost. By alot. However, that is probably the toughest game we've had/will have all year. We played against a top 15 team whom we don't match-up well with at all on the road in a venue we struggle in.
2) 1+1= a win 1+0= a loss... Gotta put two solid halfs together to beat good teams in the Big Ten.
3) I'm very encouraged by Andre's play, and it seems to be getting consistently better from where it started this season.
4) Austin Hollins may not be able to hit a three anymore, but what he did do today was create opportunities with his incredible hustle. Additionaly, he rebounded well, & took it to the bucket where he finished nicely. He's not making shots, but he gives us a better chance to win with a mix of other contributions which he added today.
4) Malik Smith played poorly today, but the positive of this is that he alternates between games where he is on fire, or where he doesn't do anything well. I hope that holds true and his "on fire" game comes vs. Wisconsin since his "bad" game came today! That'd be huge for us!
5) Joey King looks completely overmatched in the Big Ten. He can't finish layups, isn't a guy we can rely on to hit a big shot, rebounds horribly, has poor footwork, and commits bad fouls. I really believe he has potential to be a nice role player for us, but he's only going to have a chance to get to that point with an incredible work ethic in the offseason.
6) Oh... and those zebras need to go back to the zoo! ;)

*Lastly, Wisconsin at home is looking like a very winnable game, much like Ohio State was. With better execution and strong efforts from the players, I like our chances. What are your postgame/Pregame thoughts???

This team is a top 10 tam with a PF that can rebound and make layups. I am not an Oto hater like some on this board, but he is not built for rebounding and banging and King can be a decent roll player but he needs some work.

Rakeem Buckles is averaging 13 rebounds and 9 points per game...the NCAA sucks.

It's very apparent why Pitino wanted Buckles instead of King, but he's what we have. He's giving his best, but he's not ready for the Big Ten. Seems like Joey is a kid that will put in the time, so hopefully he gets stronger. That needs to be his first priority in the off-season.

Top Bottom