STrib blog: Mathieu only continues to grow as a player

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

Mathieu is only growing (as a player ... I think his height is final). While he has made us all very aware that he can score at the basket above opponents that are much bigger than he is, it's not always a smart idea -- or necessary -- in the Big Ten. Against Ohio State, the Tennessee native showed perhaps the best judgment in a full game as he has all season, aptly choosing when to take the ball to the hoop and when to kick out to his teammates, while also display a pretty effective floater that we haven't seen much this year.

"He was intelligent --I think he certainly learned from the Michigan State game," coach Richard Pitino said. "He needs to stop trying to drive in amongst the trees when there's two or three guys in there. Now if it's one-on-one, he can go make a play at the rim like he did at the end of the Michigan State game, by all means. But he's got to be smarter about his attempts, and last night he was about to drive it, they backed up, he knocked down two or three open shots, which was big."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/241011141.html

Go Gophers!!

We've gotten some good players out of TN.

Tennessee
Tennessee
Ain't no place I'd rather be........
Baby won't you carry me........
Back to Tennessee

Top Bottom