On a more positive note...

It was pretty awesome. 2nd best act I've ever seen after the Dancing/Changing Dress Lady. I love that she didn't give up and got the 5 bowls.

I feel like last year she made the 6 cup (or was it 5 cup?) on the first try, and not on the second. Other than that, I have no complaints! :)

Just kidding, seriously, how does one discover a skill such as this?

Red Panda rules

Bar none, the best halftime act I have ever seen. She moved past Quick Change (getting stale) a few years ago. Have seen the Red Panda at least 9-10 times and she never ceases to amaze me. That's only the 2nd time I've seen her misfire, but like you said, loved her determination to get it right.

She's got nice legs, too, that's always good. I hope she'll be back for one of our prime Big 10 games later this season.

Something we can all agree on

Red Panda is amazing. To second what Gopher D said, I have no clue how you discover that bizarre combination of two independently bizarre skills. I would love to hear Red Panda's backstory and how she came to riding atop a very tall unicycle, launching stacks of bowls from her feet to her head.

The Acro Team is always good fun too.

Dear god, I think people jumping over human pyramids is better. Oh the horror!

same thing I was thinking while watching her. How does someone decide to live their life stacking bowls on their head on a unicycle. It wust have taken loads of practice to do that.

That's only the 2nd time I've seen her misfire
I appreciated her misfire last night. Just before it happened, a dad behind me was dismissing her skill and claiming she used "magnets" hidden in the bowls. When she missed, dad's daughter asked how the bowls wouldn't stay together when they fell if they were magnetized.

I had to laugh ... and Dad said "uh, hmmmm, well maybe not."

I thought it was funny that Hubert Davis and the other guy got such a kick out of the act as well....there reaction to the finale was hillarious.

She was awesome, though my favorite has always been the Alexandria Aces. They do good work.

Quick Change

We get Red Panda and Quick Change in alternating years

We've had Quick Change every year I can remember (at least '99 when I started at the U).

You can bet Quick Change will be at one of our big B10 games as well as F-M Acro Team and the ball-chasing dogs unless I missed them this year.

Red Panda is a more recent addition. I first saw her at the B10 tourney in 01 or 02. I think this is her 3rd? trip to the Barn?

In any case, we do not alternate Red Panda and Quick Change. We would not put the best half time of the year before B10 season (Quick Change is #1 - sorry Red Pandaphiles).

Top Bottom