Question about seats - help

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I want to get tickets and take my dad to a game this season. We go to EVERY home football game but haven't been to a bball game since I was a little kid (not really sure why, we get together to watch a lot of the games and both follow the bball team closely). Anyway I found some tickets for a good price on craigslist but the ones in my price range are usually baseline tickets (ie section 101). Whats everyone's opinion on how far up you have to sit to have a good view? Or does it not matter. Or should I just splurge and get really good tickets behind the bench (jk.. can't afford that, still paying my school loans).

Sorry for the amateur question but don't want to show my dad a good time. Thanks in advance.

The first few rows in the baseline upper corners like sec 201 are pretty good.

Front two rows of upper deck are *mostly* great (except the corner opposite the opposing bench - seats don't face the court straight on, so you have to view at 45 degree angle). Actually strongly prefer first row, because any other row you are at the mercy of first row occupants who tend to lean out onto the front row railing obstructing everyone's view, even though if they just sit back they can see fine. But I digress.

Lower level typically all pretty good, until you get into bench seating - obstructions, can't see main scoreboard, 2nd deck overhangs into your peripheral vision, etc. I prefer to be above the level of the floor, so maybe row 10 or higher on the lower level. Too close and you have to look up at the action, which I don't especially like

That said, I sat 2 rows behind the Gophers bench twice this year and, while obstructed by coaches and players frequently, and craning our necks up at the court, it was a very cool vantage point. But only because it was *right* behind our bench. Neat to hear the players and coaches talk. I heard Richard say the eff word once......and all about Mav's missing tooth.

Front two rows of upper deck are *mostly* great (except the corner opposite the opposing bench - seats don't face the court straight on, so you have to view at 45 degree angle). Actually strongly prefer first row, because any other row you are at the mercy of first row occupants who tend to lean out onto the front row railing obstructing everyone's view, even though if they just sit back they can see fine. But I digress.

Lower level typically all pretty good, until you get into bench seating - obstructions, can't see main scoreboard, 2nd deck overhangs into your peripheral vision, etc. I prefer to be above the level of the floor, so maybe row 10 or higher on the lower level. Too close and you have to look up at the action, which I don't especially like

That said, I sat 2 rows behind the Gophers bench twice this year and, while obstructed by coaches and players frequently, and craning our necks up at the court, it was a very cool vantage point. But only because it was *right* behind our bench. Neat to hear the players and coaches talk. I heard Richard say the eff word once......and all about Mav's missing tooth.

This is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you. I found some seats in the 13th row.

2nd row behind the bench... maybe i'll treat myself to those seats when I finish paying off my 8 years of school loans I owe the U...

I sat in the upper deck corner for the OSU game, nothing wrong with those seats at all. You have a great view even though you're behind the basket. As long as you don't have an obstructed seat, I wouldn't be too disappointed with it because of how close all the seats are to the court.

I want to get tickets and take my dad to a game this season. We go to EVERY home football game but haven't been to a bball game since I was a little kid (not really sure why, we get together to watch a lot of the games and both follow the bball team closely). Anyway I found some tickets for a good price on craigslist but the ones in my price range are usually baseline tickets (ie section 101). Whats everyone's opinion on how far up you have to sit to have a good view? Or does it not matter. Or should I just splurge and get really good tickets behind the bench (jk.. can't afford that, still paying my school loans).

Sorry for the amateur question but don't want to show my dad a good time. Thanks in advance.

Make sure you are up pretty high, I think rows 15 or 16 in the middle are obstructed by the backboard in 101, you could be straining to see around it.

Top Bottom