Jon Rothstein (CBS): 5 Observations ... 1. Richard Pitino has made Minnesota ...

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
img24412055.jpg

Five observations
1. Richard Pitino has made Minnesota a legitimate factor in the Big Ten.

The Gophers lost three starters from last year's team that won a game in the NCAA Tournament and have completely revamped their style. Minnesota has accelerated the tempo and flustered opponents with a relentless match-up zone that provides a dimension teams aren't used to seeing in the Big Ten.

Andre and Austin Hollins are two critical returning pieces, but the real keys for this team have been the addition of JUCO point guard Deandre Mathieu along with the incredible improvement of big man Elliott Eliason. The 5-9 Mathieu has been terrific at point guard and had 13 points and five assists in Thursday night's upset win over Ohio State.

Eliason has posted double-doubles in three of Minnesota's five Big Ten games and is averaging 6.8 points, 8.6 rebounds, and 2.7 blocks per game. Last year, Eliason only tallied 2.2 PPG, 3.5 RPG, and 1.1 BPG. The Gophers are 14-4 overall and 3-2 in the Big Ten.

Some good pub.

And an accurate description of the team.

Too bad about the white uniforms though. Maybe we should fire him.:rolleyes:

And an accurate description of the team.

Too bad about the white uniforms though. Maybe we should fire him.:rolleyes:

We should hold off on firing him but we do need to talk about the GOLD home unis :)

It is the GOLDEN Gophers !

Looks like we've impressed Rothstein as late in the summer, he looked at our roster on paper and predicted us to finish dead last in the Big Ten:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...-Ten-By-CBS-Jon-Rothstein&highlight=Rothstein

Can't forget either about Rothstein's brilliant calls on the Gophers last year as well...

December 22, 2012 (Gophers ranked #13 at the time)
@JonRothstein

Minnesota now 12-1 after 75-50 win over Lafayette. Golden Gophers vastly underrated. Deep, balanced, and well coached.

-----------
January 6, 2013
@JonRothstein

Continue to be impressed w the way Tubby Smith is using his depth.
-----------------
January 9, 2013
@JonRothstein

Minnesota is a really tough team to prepare for. Gophers have several guys who can be the assassin. Tubby Smith’s deepest team ever.
----------
January 11, 2013
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01...at-to-watch-this-weekend-college-hoops-notes/

If I was a financial adviser, I’d tell my clients to buy stock in the Gophers.

Tubby Smith said before the season that this was his deepest team ever and he was right.

Why do we even wear white uniforms? White isn't one of our colors.

Why do we even wear white uniforms? White isn't one of our colors.

This makes no sense. Look around the country. All teams have white home uniforms. Is white one of USC's colors? UCLA's? Florida's? Iowa's? Yet they all have white home uniforms. We are not the Lakers.

Look, I love the gold uniforms too, but I see no problem with wearing the white uniform at home.

This makes no sense. Look around the country. All teams have white home uniforms. Is white one of USC's colors? UCLA's? Florida's? Iowa's? Yet they all have white home uniforms. We are not the Lakers.

Look, I love the gold uniforms too, but I see no problem with wearing the white uniform at home.[/QUOTE]

Leave the board. We're gold here.:D

Look, I love the gold uniforms too, but I see no problem with wearing the white uniform at home.

+1 I don't get the "white isn't a school color" argument when there are loads of teams that don't have white as a school color and yet frequently wear white. But I also don't hate the white basketball uniforms or 90% of our football uniform combinations like some on this board seem to.

White is the compilation of all colors, as per the color spectrum of a white light ray through a prism. Therefore white also contains maroon and gold, so both are in the white uniforms. Let the kids wear what they want. You can wear what you want.

White is the compilation of all colors, as per the color spectrum of a white light ray through a prism. Therefore white also contains maroon and gold, so both are in the white uniforms. Let the kids wear what they want. You can wear what you want.

Leave it to science to provide the answer.

Back when I grew up home teams all wore white uniforms at home. Somewhere in the 70's or 80's(?) people got smart and figured why not be proud of your school colors and wear them for home games. Lately the trend has gone back to wearing white and being stupid again.:cool02:

BTW keep off my lawn...................unless you are shoveling.

Not all - my high school colors are red and white. At home we wore red. Still do to this day. Gophers should be in gold though there is no doubt. Maybe Sid (if his hearing aids aren't ringing tomorrow) will comment on this hot topic.

Leave it to science to provide the answer.

All the colors of LIGHT are white. All the colors of PIGMENT are black. Google additive/subtractive colors. Uniforms are dyed with pigments, not light. Just my little science lesson of the day :)

All the colors of LIGHT are white. All the colors of PIGMENT are black. Google additive/subtractive colors. Uniforms are dyed with pigments, not light. Just my little science lesson of the day :)

All this science $hit is forcing me to :drink: :drink: :drink:

Not all - my high school colors are red and white. At home we wore red. Still do to this day. Gophers should be in gold though there is no doubt. Maybe Sid (if his hearing aids aren't ringing tomorrow) will comment on this hot topic.

Key words: HIGH SCHOOL. In high school, the road teams wear white. In college and the NBA, the home teams wear white (with a few exceptions).

Key words: HIGH SCHOOL. In high school, the road teams wear white. In college and the NBA, the home teams wear white (with a few exceptions).

It's only been that was for a few years, I graduated in 06 and the bball team wore white at home my senior year.

We are one of these exceptions, would love to see the whites 2-3 times a season.

Actually I was including HS when I made my post. Also I realize there were/will be exceptions.

I often generalize. Work with me.:cool02:

Top Bottom