MN Daily: Malik Smith: the Minnesota weather is "shocking"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

"This weather is really shocking," Smith said. "You go outside and it just hits you in the face. It's -30 often out here. I really can't get used to it."

"I thought Boston was cold," Smith said. "This is way worse."

Smith said he had to buy a ski mask, a new coat and three sweaters to help handle the frigid temps. But he seems to have his winter routine down to a science.

"Bundle up, get in the gym, go back home," Smith said.

http://www.mndaily.com/blogs/upon-further-review/2014/01/16/malik-smith-minnesota-weather-shocking

Go Gophers!!

HAHA, that's what you get for leaving Miami!

You can't prepare for a year like this, it's been pretty bad.

Eh, this sort of stuff probably doesn't help our recruiting.

Well, I did get to spend August-October in Florida this year. It is a bit of a toss-up...insanely cold weather that you can really bundle up for, or crazy heat and humidity that you can only take so much (yet not enough) off.

Give me heat/humidity over bone-chilling cold every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Give me heat/humidity over bone-chilling cold every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Not me I'll take this cold over humidity and hot I work in that heat not fun! Only so much clothes you can take off before you get in trouble! always can put more clothing on!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Do you get the feeling Malik will be on the first flight out of Minnesota the instant the Gophers' season is finished?

That's OK with me; we're getting more than our money's worth out of our rent-a-player.

Do you get the feeling Malik will be on the first flight out of Minnesota the instant the Gophers' season is finished?

That's OK with me; we're getting more than our money's worth out of our rent-a-player.

How do graduate transfers affect the APR? He already has an undergraduate degree from FIU Right? Is he'taking graduate level classes now?

How do graduate transfers affect the APR? He already has an undergraduate degree from FIU Right? Is he'taking graduate level classes now?

Not sure whether he has his undergrad or not. I thought he still had another year to complete, but he received immediate eligibility because of FIU's postseason ban.

Not sure whether he has his undergrad or not. I thought he still had another year to complete, but he received immediate eligibility because of FIU's postseason ban.

You're right, for some reason I thought he was a graduate transfer.

Malik is a Boston guy. He said this was brutal, even compared to Boston's snow and wind.

Well I guess Rick needs to start recruiting Manitoba.[/QUOTE

Toronto would do-- last couple of years have been really good out of there. Especially if you count Andrew Wiggins- although one of his "High Schools" was in NC

In the Daily article he compared the weather to Boston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that is obvious (from the OP). Sounded like you were correcting Gold Vision on his Miami post. Not sure what your post was getting at then, other than repeating the OP.

Hell no. My last summer living in North Carolina saw 85 days where the temp was 90 or above. And the dewpoint rarely ever went below 70. Worst summer ever. My air was running from late May to the end of September.

Top Bottom