News Observer: Duke, UNC both outside the top 20 for first time since 1996

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the News Observer:

As it is, this is the first time that both Duke and UNC have been outside the top 20 since the final poll of the 1995-96 season. Duke was unranked in that poll, released on March 12, 1996, and UNC was ranked 25th.

Since then, either Duke or UNC had been ranked among the top 20 in 331 consecutive polls. That streak began with the preseason poll before the 1996-97 season, and it ended this week.

Both the Blue Devils and Tar Heels are off to disappointing starts in the ACC play, and UNC, off to an 0-3 start in the conference, hasn’t been ranked in the top 25 since the Dec. 30 poll. Duke, meanwhile, has slid steadily down the rankings.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/01/13/3529908/duke-unc-both-outside-the-top.html

Go Gophers!!

But at least Coach K is still too important to be bothered with halftime interviews on the ESPN games. Instead in his place we get Little Wojo.

ESPN kisses K's back side way too much. They should tell K we're not interested in hearing what Wojo has to say, we want to hear what you think. From what I've seen of all ESPN's quick halftime interviews (when teams are leaving the court), Duke is the only one that doesn't produce their head coach. Vintage K arrogance.

But at least Coach K is still too important to be bothered with halftime interviews on the ESPN games. Instead in his place we get Little Wojo.

ESPN kisses K's back side way too much. They should tell K we're not interested in hearing what Wojo has to say, we want to hear what you think. From what I've seen of all ESPN's quick halftime interviews (when teams are leaving the court), Duke is the only one that doesn't produce their head coach. Vintage K arrogance.

I don't want to hear what any coach has to say going into halftime. None of them say anything interesting or important anyways. They are more annoyed than anything.

I agree with the butt kissing part though.

I don't want to hear what any coach has to say going into halftime. None of them say anything interesting or important anyways. They are more annoyed than anything.

I agree with the butt kissing part though.

I don't mind the halftime interviews. I like it when the coaches are a little p*ssed off; they might actually say something they usually wouldn't (in a post-game setting), i.e. Izzo's halftime chat vs. the Ohio State. It's cool to see them a little salty.

That said, my main point was, indeed, the amount of kowtowing ESPN will do for Emperor K knows no end.

Top Bottom