interesting tourney column

goldengophs11

Reaction score
Due to an off day tomorrow, and out of sheer boredom I decided to take a look at some projected fields (www.bracketmatrix.com) and came across a sportingnews projection from Monday January 13th, and Ryan Fagan had some interesting things to say along with the projections its quite a read and bracket matrix gives fans a great view on kinda how things are shaping up from a variety of sports "experts" POV. This probably didn't need its own thread but I thought some may not know about these and would have some interest in seeing what people are projecting us as, and what they may have to say about the season thus far. A little tidbit from Ryan Fagan:

Minnesota—Record: 13-4. Rankings: RPI 44, Pomeroy 40. Need to know: The Golden Gophers came oh-so-close to picking up a huge road win at Michigan State on Saturday, but they went cold in overtime and wound up losing to the Spartans. Their next three games are really tough — vs. Ohio State, at Iowa, vs. Wisconsin. Going 1-2 would be good, 2-1 incredible, 3-0 a miracle (and launch Minnesota into the 2-3-4 seed range).

Wow, a 2-3-4 seed really? That would be awesome but I just don't see it. I do think we can at least go 1-2 over the next 3 games. I feel more confident playing Ohio State than I do playing Iowa. I think we could beat Wisconsin considering the game is at home. It should be a very interesting next week or so.

Still think we are a bubble team at best. Obviously that would change if we won the next 3, which isn't very realistic.

The aim this week should be a split.

Do that and getting the Wisconsin game next week becomes gravy instead of required, in terms of acquiring a decent tourney resume.

Top Bottom