WCCO: Sid Hartman Holds Unconventional Estate Sale

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per WCCO:

Jackets, shirts and shoes are a staple of any rummage or garage sale.

But when that old clothing belongs to sports reporting legend Sid Hartman, there’s going to be a market for it.

Hartman’s estate sale kicked off Saturday in St. Louis Park at the Estate Sales Minnesota building.

Unlike most estate sales, which occur after a home sale or death, Hartman isn’t selling his house – and the 93 year old shows no signs of slowing down.

Savvy shoppers found themselves side by side with sports fans.

“I’ve listened and watched Sid my whole life,” Mike Foy said.

Forget the typical furniture, china or art. It seemed that Sid was more interested in cleaning out his closet.

“It’s kind of more of like a Sid Hartman, like, garage sale,” Colin Murphy said.

Shoppers perused racks of jackets that dated back decades; shirts that had seen better days, and even shoes with holes in the soles were considered hidden gems.

And many of the clothing items had tell-tale stains to prove it belonged to Hartman, who has a reputation as a messy eater.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/01/11/sid-hartman-holds-unconventional-estate-sale/

Go Gophers!!

per WCCO:

Jackets, shirts and shoes are a staple of any rummage or garage sale.

But when that old clothing belongs to sports reporting legend Sid Hartman, there’s going to be a market for it.

Hartman’s estate sale kicked off Saturday in St. Louis Park at the Estate Sales Minnesota building.

Unlike most estate sales, which occur after a home sale or death, Hartman isn’t selling his house – and the 93 year old shows no signs of slowing down.

Savvy shoppers found themselves side by side with sports fans.

“I’ve listened and watched Sid my whole life,” Mike Foy said.

Forget the typical furniture, china or art. It seemed that Sid was more interested in cleaning out his closet.

“It’s kind of more of like a Sid Hartman, like, garage sale,” Colin Murphy said.

Shoppers perused racks of jackets that dated back decades; shirts that had seen better days, and even shoes with holes in the soles were considered hidden gems.

And many of the clothing items had tell-tale stains to prove it belonged to Hartman, who has a reputation as a messy eater.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/01/11/sid-hartman-holds-unconventional-estate-sale/

Go Gophers!!

Let's see now, the red stains are marinara sauce from Vescios...the green stains are Kemps peppermint ice cream from The Barn...the brown, oh for khrist sakes, he's not selling underwear is he?!

Let's see now, the red stains are marinara sauce from Vescios...the green stains are Kemps peppermint ice cream from The Barn...the brown, oh for khrist sakes, he's not selling underwear is he?!

Yellow in front, skid marks in back!!!

Spot on! I've heard many a story of Sids slovenly eating habits! Actually, my first thought when I saw this was "joy...racks up racks of food stained clothing"...

Top Bottom