Northwestern hoops unveils new unis that were created by players

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...unveils-new-unis-that-were-created-by-players

Rnyzk17.jpg

SlWCKiD.jpg

IMygagT.jpg

2GqC971.jpg

TVgHoIY.jpg

Maybe those butt-ugly unis will deflect some of the attention away from how sucky they are on the court. I'm not convinced that will change under media darling & Wonder Boy Chris Collins, either. For all the grief and cheap shots Bill Carmody has taken from the Chicago media, let's see Collins guide the Wildcats to that elusive NCAA Tournament bid or 3 straight NIT appearances (something Carmody did, no small feat considering its hoops history) before we "crown Collins' a*s."

Those things are comically bad, pretty much like the history of the Northwestern basketball program. I mean seriously, there are multiple BBQ grills, WTF does that even mean?

Okay, I'll be the one to ask the question.

Why the hell are the players designing uniforms? Why are the players picking out the uniforms? Will they next be making out the schedule? Will they next be deciding sponsor and apparel deals?

When it comes to basketball - here's your uniform, here's the ball - I'm the coach, shut up and play.

Someone needs to be in charge.....so be in charge.

Okay, I'll be the one to ask the question.

Why the hell are the players designing uniforms? Why are the players picking out the uniforms? Will they next be making out the schedule? Will they next be deciding sponsor and apparel deals?

When it comes to basketball - here's your uniform, here's the ball - I'm the coach, shut up and play.

Someone needs to be in charge.....so be in charge.

And we can only play on Saturdays, cause that's the way it's always been!

I'll let you in on a little secret, you aren't the target audience.

And I'll let you in on a secret too. The people that attend the games aren't the target audience either. I find it rather sad and it definitely has an effect on attendance and game day atmosphere.

Personally it doesn't affect me either way.

And I'll let you in on a secret too. The people that attend the games aren't the target audience either.

That's not a secret, that was my point. And it has zero effect on those people or the casual fans like you and me.

Ok those suck. At the end of the day though it's about what 17 y/o recruits think is cool. Now everyone has multiple uniforms, plus foil and camouflage versions and kids seem to love it. Recruits care about uniforms and looking cool. If it helps us land a 5* PF next year I'd let him personally bedazzle our uniforms.

too much clutter with all the catch phrases on them. I think they would be alright if you got rid of the clutter, just had the solid gray with a bit of NW colors thrown in there, and then maybe one catch phrase instead of thousands. It kind of reminds me of like a 5th or 6th graders notebook cover with all those weird spirals on them, peace signs and yin-yangs, and words like awesome!! cool!! and no doubt!! written on them.

Ok those suck. At the end of the day though it's about what 17 y/o recruits think is cool. Now everyone has multiple uniforms, plus foil and camouflage versions and kids seem to love it. Recruits care about uniforms and looking cool. If it helps us land a 5* PF next year I'd let him personally bedazzle our uniforms.

Yes and no. I'm with 19 on this one. Too much input from players. Too much worry about what recruits want/like. I'll admit that I care about uniforms and the program looking cool. Just put out a good uni and players will like it. We are maroon and gold. Leave it up to the kids and we end up with black, camouflage, and bbq grills. Plus, I doubt that a "new" uni would be the difference between a kid going to Duke or The U of M.

I'll leave my displeasure for white helmets and all white uni's for the football board.

Haha, Northwestern should wear those unis every game!

Top Bottom