Amelia admits she has no idea... <> (perhaps she has visited Colordo since 1-1-14?)

Jon

Reaction score
Amelia admits she has no idea... <> (perhaps she has visited Colordo since 1-1-14?)

"
@GopherBBallFan: @AmeliaRayno #aMAILiaBAG Why does the student section call Elliott "Goose?"

I'm glad you asked.

One early morning, not so long ago, Elliott Eliason and Maverick Ahanmisi were heading to Williams Arena to take some early free-throw practice. It was an especially tundra-like morning, as anyone currently living in Minnesota can easily imagine, and Eliason shivered, and then gasped as he walked through the Barn doors. Was the heat off? Or had the chill simply permanently entered his bones? Before Maverick could respond to all of these pressing life questions (and inform him that yes, the heat seemed to be broken), Eliason's momentary pondering was interrupted by a loud yet pathetic squawking noise. "What is that?" Maverick wondered, but when he turned around to look at Eliason, the big man was already gone, having sprinting up the arena stands and into the rafters, where the noise seemed to be originating.

Behold, it was a sullied goose, its little webbed feet frozen to one of Williams Arena's roof supports. What an unfortunate twist for the poor goose, who had been seeking warmth in the first place.

With impressive footwork and the same aggressiveness Eliason had shown many times in playing rim protector on the floor below, the Nebraska native leapt off his feet and pried the goose off the pillar, taking three stairs at a time on his way back down to where Maverick awaited.

"Talk to me Goose, talk to me Goose," Maverick whispered as the unlikely pair arrived. The goose did, squawking his thanks. Eliason mimicked him as he proudly held the goose aloft, forever connected in spirit and now in name.

**None of the above has any truth to it whatsoever. I have no idea why Eliason is called "Goose."
"
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/Gold_in_the_Barn.html

I thought it was something that started as a Top Gun joke when some decided that since we had a Maverick, we should also have a Goose (Mav's RIO in the film).

I thought it was something that started as a Top Gun joke when some decided that since we had a Maverick, we should also have a Goose (Mav's RIO in the film).

+1000

And since Amelia didn't know, maybe this is the reason. Every Maverick needs a Goose

I feel the need. The need for speed.

Out of state buyers are limited to a quarter ounce.

At least that's what I've read. :cool:

This is it, as far as I know. I wrote the student section newsletter in Mav and Eliason's freshmen year and did a freshmen profile in which I made this comment. Then, in Goose's RSFr year, my buddies and I had GOOSE signs and we'd yell "Goose" anytime he did anything, and it stuck with a small handful of people and seems to have grown a bit since then. Sadly, my nickname for Colton "The Yankton Yeti" Iverson didn't catch on.

This is it, as far as I know. I wrote the student section newsletter in Mav and Eliason's freshmen year and did a freshmen profile in which I made this comment. Then, in Goose's RSFr year, my buddies and I had GOOSE signs and we'd yell "Goose" anytime he did anything, and it stuck with a small handful of people and seems to have grown a bit since then.Fortunately, my nickname for Colton "The Yankton Yeti" Iverson didn't catch on.

FIFY!!!

Trib quotes Gopherhole; Amelia in Colorado!? ....
"
• Gopherhole.com reported this week on Carlos Morris, a 2014 shooting guard commitment for Richard Pitino. Morris is playing for Chipola Junior College in Marianna, Fla., which is 14-1. He is averaging 14.8 points, five rebounds and two assists per game. … Nate Mason, a Gophers point guard recruit from Arlington Country Day in Jacksonville, Fla., scored 20 points in a 100-90 loss to Northside Christian last week. Arlington Country Day was ranked No. 13 in USA Today’s Top 25 before the loss. … Power forward recruit Josh Martin of Seattle Bothell won MVP honors at the Bothell Holiday Classic. He is averaging 26.9 points per game.
"
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/239352121.html?page=2&c=y

Trib quotes Gopherhole; Amelia in Colorado!? ....
"
• Gopherhole.com reported this week on Carlos Morris, a 2014 shooting guard commitment for Richard Pitino. Morris is playing for Chipola Junior College in Marianna, Fla., which is 14-1. He is averaging 14.8 points, five rebounds and two assists per game. … Nate Mason, a Gophers point guard recruit from Arlington Country Day in Jacksonville, Fla., scored 20 points in a 100-90 loss to Northside Christian last week. Arlington Country Day was ranked No. 13 in USA Today’s Top 25 before the loss. … Power forward recruit Josh Martin of Seattle Bothell won MVP honors at the Bothell Holiday Classic. He is averaging 26.9 points per game.
"
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/239352121.html?page=2&c=y

It was Sid. I wonder which one of his lackeys has Gopherhole duty?

Top Bottom