Chip Armelin

Should have taken that LSU football scholarship out of high school.

He left for "more playing time" when Trevor happened to be in need of a scholarship for another year.

I liked Chip, rather have him than Mav, he was like Wally, but better on D, fearless when he got the ball. Never understood how a guard could be so bad at free throws though

I liked Chip, rather have him than Mav, he was like Wally, but better on D, fearless when he got the ball. Never understood how a guard could be so bad at free throws though

Chip could drive and score. Chip sucked on D. Wally is a terrific athlete, but doesn't appear to have much in the way of D1 basketball instincts or knowledge. I hope he proves me wrong, but if he's on the team next year, I would be surprised.

I see Chip scored 13 vs. St. Kate's!

Chip could drive and score. Chip sucked on D. Wally is a terrific athlete, but doesn't appear to have much in the way of D1 basketball instincts or knowledge. I hope he proves me wrong, but if he's on the team next year, I would be surprised.

I see Chip scored 13 vs. St. Kate's!

We Hate Men U. has a men's basketball program?

I liked Chip too but he had as low a basketball IQ as I've seen. He was similar to Joe Coleman, explosive and fearless guard that had a shaky jumper.

Yeah, I agree Chip was a fun player when he had the opportunity to attack. But agree even more that his basketball IQ was not where it needed to be. Sadly, Tubby seemed to recruit too many of these types of players, which really hurt us in tight games where a turnover or defensive mistake cost us big time.

Top Bottom