STrib blog: Four-guard lineup still up in the air for Pitino

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

"If he plays the four, it's not going to be as easy for him to rebound," Pitino said of Hollins, who is averaging 7.1 boards a game. "The three spot probably is the easiest position to rebound on the court. Because normally the fours and the fives block out their man and the three can come flying in from the perimeter, so if he plays more four it might not be as easy for him to rebound. His numbers may go down a little bit, I hope they don't. But if he plays a lot of four, I can see that happening."

And I thought this was a great quote:

*Not looking ahead on the schedule isn't just coach speak for Pitino, the Gophers coach said, it's a matter of staying sane. Responding to a question about whether he is excited to coach against the plethora of Big Ten foes, Pitino deadpanned. "I'm not looking forward to playing any of the games. Everybody keeps asking me that. No -- I don't want to play any of them. No, I mean honestly, I'm excited about tomorrow. But I don't even think about Purdue, I really don't. I don't think about Penn State I'm only focused on Michigan. I know the fans get excited about the Big Ten season and I understand it, and that's for them, but as a coach, if I look ahead on the schedule, I'd never sleep, I'd be miserable all the time. So I'm trying to stay sane."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/238371871.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom