ESPN: Richard Pitino is turning the Barn back into a place you don't want to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN's overview of the Big Ten:

Head of the class: Ohio State is void of an individual superstar on offense, but the Buckeyes seem to work better that way. The ability of Wisconsin's Sam Dekker and Frank Kaminsky to play inside or out is a headache for opposing coaches doing scouting reports. If Michigan State can stay healthy, coach Tom Izzo will once again have it contending for a national title.

Honor roll potential: Iowa's only two losses came by a combined six points to Villanova in overtime and at Iowa State. Illinois' Rayvonte Rice and Indiana's Yogi Ferrell had a scoring duel Tuesday indicative of how close games in the league will be this season. Minnesota coach Richard Pitino is turning the Barn back into a place you don't want to visit.

Headed for detention: Even before the bad news hit that Mitch McGary needed back surgery, Michigan fell from top 10 to not mentioned at all. The Wolverines are facing withdrawal after being spoiled by the playmaking abilities of Trey Burke last season.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...prepared-conference-play-starts-college-hoops

Go Gophers!!

per ESPN's overview of the Big Ten:

Head of the class: Ohio State is void of an individual superstar on offense, but the Buckeyes seem to work better that way. The ability of Wisconsin's Sam Dekker and Frank Kaminsky to play inside or out is a headache for opposing coaches doing scouting reports. If Michigan State can stay healthy, coach Tom Izzo will once again have it contending for a national title.

Honor roll potential: Iowa's only two losses came by a combined six points to Villanova in overtime and at Iowa State. Illinois' Rayvonte Rice and Indiana's Yogi Ferrell had a scoring duel Tuesday indicative of how close games in the league will be this season. Minnesota coach Richard Pitino is turning the Barn back into a place you don't want to visit.

Headed for detention: Even before the bad news hit that Mitch McGary needed back surgery, Michigan fell from top 10 to not mentioned at all. The Wolverines are facing withdrawal after being spoiled by the playmaking abilities of Trey Burke last season.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...prepared-conference-play-starts-college-hoops

Go Gophers!!

This sort of sums up why (to me) tonight's game with Michigan is so intriguing. The Gophers had a pretty decent non-conference set and Michigan is seen as "struggling." Would be a good win tonight if they Maroon can get it done.

This sort of sums up why (to me) tonight's game with Michigan is so intriguing. The Gophers had a pretty decent non-conference set and Michigan is seen as "struggling." Would be a good win tonight if they Maroon can get it done.

I agree. This is a big game tonight. The Gophers can really set themselves up nicely with a win tonight. I think they can pull it off with McGary out. Neither team will have much of a frontcourt.

We have to win games like this if there is any NCAA tourney hope.

Minnesota coach Richard Pitino is turning the Barn back into a place you don't want to visit.

Go Gophers!!

I think conference games will be the determining factor for that. We haven't lost a whole lot of home non-conference games over the past five years (can't even remember the last one), but it's always been once we played in the B1G where trouble came in. I like what I've seen from Pitino so far, but I'm expecting some growing pains. Tonight's game will go a long way toward building some equity with fans though, I will say that!

Virginia

I think conference games will be the determining factor for that. We haven't lost a whole lot of home non-conference games over the past five years (can't even remember the last one), but it's always been once we played in the B1G where trouble came in. I like what I've seen from Pitino so far, but I'm expecting some growing pains. Tonight's game will go a long way toward building some equity with fans though, I will say that!

Virginia - 11/29/2010 which was Tubby's only non-conference loss in the regular season. They also lost to Maryland in the 2008 NIT at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom