No improvement from Otto, King, Mo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrodent

Reaction score
13 games into the season and these 3 look like they are running scared! Otto continues to make poor decisions, King looks like he is way out of his league and Mo looks like a high school player! Very concerning!

13 games into the season and these 3 look like they are running scared! Otto continues to make poor decisions, King looks like he is way out of his league and Mo looks like a high school player! Very concerning!

Loud noises!

Ok, time to be honest. Who invited this clown?

This "clown" saw a game that was sloppy at best. Given an opportunity for players to step up against a very poor team and show they can contribute, failed.

so what you are telling me is this site is for only the "all knowing"!

Oto has improved and played well at times. King has had some good games. The guy I am most concerned about is Mo. Of the three, he is the most important for our needs and he has a lot of work to do.

The game against Texas A & M Community College was, indeed, sloppy at best. Let's hope they shake the rust off before the Michigan game.

uh oh. somebody start pelting the newbie with the proper spelling of a certain player...

Oto has improved and played well at times. King has had some good games. The guy I am most concerned about is Mo. Of the three, he is the most important for our needs and he has a lot of work to do.

The game against Texas A & M Community College was, indeed, sloppy at best. Let's hope they shake the rust off before the Michigan game.

I agree. Like to see more during these games. Will need to see reliable play from this group or I am afraid they will not get the minutes needed to improve.

I agree. Like to see more during these games. Will need to see reliable play from this group or I am afraid they will not get the minutes needed to improve.

Oto and King are all we have, so not much else we can do. Can't play Austin at the 4 in the B1G. I can not explain how disappointed I am in Not So Huge Mo. Minutes at the 5, and potentially at the 4, and all he needs to do is take them. I'm worried all he is, is 5 additional fouls.

Oto and King are all we have, so not much else we can do. Can't play Austin at the 4 in the B1G. I can not explain how disappointed I am in Not So Huge Mo. Minutes at the 5, and potentially at the 4, and all he needs to do is take them. I'm worried all he is, is 5 additional fouls.

I think we'll see some of Austin at the 4 in the B1G. He's rebounding at a high rate, and Pitino has tested out that 4 guard lineup with Smith quite a bit. We will see a lot of games bombing away from behind the arc with out current squad.

I think we'll see some of Austin at the 4 in the B1G. He's rebounding at a high rate, and Pitino has tested out that 4 guard lineup with Smith quite a bit. We will see a lot of games bombing away from behind the arc with out current squad.

You're probably right. I look at using 4 guards as a catch up situation.

Oto has improved a lot this year compared to last. He's not a great player by any means but he is still a lot better.

I think this post could be improved with more slammers!!!!!! Your so forceful!!!!!!! I am totally taking you more seriously because you said everything with an exclamation point!!!!!!!! I am forwarding this to Ricco so he knows you don't think his players are progressing as you think they should!!!!!!!! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

What is the point of your response? Its responses like these that bring this board down. The guy is allowed to have his own opinion.

Probably because he used an obnoxious amount of exclamation points. Hard to take people seriously when they use one after every sentence.

l

It was funny......anchorman style.
Also funny because it isn't exactly 'news'. And Otto has surpassed his total output from last year.

This was a tune-up game and they were working on aspects of their play. Otto and King picked up their fouls working on trapping at the baseline.

What is the point of your response? Its responses like these that bring this board down. The guy is allowed to have his own opinion.

Sorry! No more attempts at lame humor for me! Have a happy new year!!!

Not sure how anyone can't be happy with Oto at this point. Remember where he was at last year? Major improvements overall.

That ain't much of a hurdle, GOTR. He needs to play more effectively than he has so far.

True, but saying there has been no improvement just isn't true. King also being lumped in there is kind of weird since he's only played a handful of games with us. Just a weird thread title. That's all I'm really saying.

What exactly is everyone looking for from Oto Joe and Mo? This team will live and die with Dre 'Dre Austin Malik and EE, those other 3 need to just not make mistakes and not be liabilities on the defensive end....

We press and play zone, when we win they will be effective in those, when we lose its likely going to be because of the fact we shot poorly and got forced out of our zone/press... These three will have little impact on the outcome of games all season long, and for the rest of their careers,

Mo is what he is, his upside was a big body that would impose his will on the block and hit an outside jumpshor, now that he's slimmed down, he's likely none of those things.

Oto is knocking down a couple jumpers a game, that's about all we can ask of him. And Joey is a young mid major developmental player, he is going to struggle.

Let these guys be who they are....

What exactly is everyone looking for from Oto Joe and Mo?

Legitimate question.

Oto: Continue to make good decisions on when to shoot the ball and make some shots. Use his length to be disruptive on defense, especially in the press. Use his improving ball-handling game to help push the ball up the floor. Defend the three point line.

JK: Rebound better, hit some three pointers and hustle, hustle, hustle. I think he can and will improve.

Mo: Rebound. Rebound and rebound. Learn that when he is triple teamed to move the ball back out of the post. Be more decisive when he gets the ball in good position in the low post. Be more available for dish-and-drive dump-offs from Mathieu. Defend better without fouling.

As I said, I am most worried about Mo. Part of that is that I didn't expect anything from Oto - and he has been a pleasant surprise - and knew pretty much nothing of King. Mo is in his 4th year in the program and everyone was soooooo excited to get him back - some even thinking he would overtake EE. Well, safe to say, we are a long way from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom