Hey guys

Chingy

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm a Kentucky fan who felt bad for ya when ya got Tubby, but excited when you got Richard Pitino. Was curious what you guys think of him so far? I was looking at your upcoming schedule and you guys have a brutal stretch of games in January, I'm looking forward to trying to catch some of them.

Was also curious, does any of your fans stream the basketball games online somewhere? I'd love to be able to follow you guys.

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm a Kentucky fan who felt bad for ya when ya got Tubby, but excited when you got Richard Pitino. Was curious what you guys think of him so far? I was looking at your upcoming schedule and you guys have a brutal stretch of games in January, I'm looking forward to trying to catch some of them.

Was also curious, does any of your fans stream the basketball games online somewhere? I'd love to be able to follow you guys.

I'm sure you are a nice enough fellow, but I can't of a single thing a Kentucky fan could say or do that i would care about, unless they were posting a video of them slamming their own thumb with a hammer...that would be funny. Other than that...please take your crazy home with you.

Chingy...never you mind what GopherInPhilly has to say to you. I think he lost his job, hasn't been laid in months, and is just being grumpy.

Keep in touch, you will find out when and where games are streamed on game day threads.

Good luck to Kentucky this year, in spite of the fact that I think Coach Cal is slimy. :)

It's probably hard for a Kentucky fan to fathom, but there are worse things that can happen to your basketball program than Tubby Smith. No need for your pity. That said, I think we're all happy Pitino is here. The B1G will be very tough as always. Hopefully we can at least win the majority of our home games and go from there.

Tubby won you a title after Pitino bolted because he thought his 98 team would have a down year. I like our new coach, exciting brand hoops, but I liked Tubby, he's first class and was a damn good coach in Lexington, much better than the guy who replaced that he ironically is cleaning up after in Lubbock. I hope your pre puberty all star teams goes to the NIT again.

Welcome!!! Always good to hear from a different fan base not dissing our team. The vast majority of gopher hole posters are actually very nice. To answer your questions, I would say I was really hoping Tubby would take our team to the next level, but as time wore on, it became apparent that the "Tubby Stare," was gone and replaced with the "Tubby Yawn." That said, IMO Rick Pitino is a huge breath of fresh air. He has brought an exciting style of play back to the "U." He's hungry, young and has surrounded himself with some terrific ass't coaches esp Kimani Young from the NYC/NJ area and our own Ben Johnson with great knowledge of the "U" and B1G. I can't help you with streaming videos. Good luck to the Wildcats.

RE: Knob

I'm sure you are a nice enough fellow, but I can't of a single thing a Kentucky fan could say or do that i would care about, unless they were posting a video of them slamming their own thumb with a hammer...that would be funny. Other than that...please take your crazy home with you.

Dude, you're a tool and need to post a lot less....like never.

Tubby wasn't a complete disaster. He took our program to a respectable level. I AM glad he was fired, but he can always be proud of his accomplishments here. A couple of guys in the NBA and a Ncca tourney win. Not bad.

I generally ignore the trolls, every fan base has em. As for the Tubby thing, yes he is a great guy and even better human being. The thing with Tubby is when he first takes over as coach he is gang busters and generally does a good job... but once he settles in its like he goes on auto-pilot. He's a great guy though, and was recently honored at Kentucky.

As for those that mentioned coach Cal, I'm not a big fan of him and his one and done stuff myself. I'm one of those people who think you go to college to go to college, not to use a college team as a farm system for the NBA. There are a lot of people here who don't like what he has done to our program and he's starting to feel a little heat from it this year. He got a bye last year on his craptastic season because he won a title the previous year.. but most fans realize that team was more the exception than the rule. I think the thing most people over look and they are experiencing the effects in attendance this year is that with the way he is bringing guys in for just one year the fans are starting to not go to games anymore. Which is unusual for our fans, but they have no interest in the team. With guys only being there one year there is no time to get to know the players or watch them develop, so there is never that emotional bond that fans usually develop for their players. I think Cal is slowly killing our program and will be glad when he moves on.

I think you guys are in great shape with Richard Pitino, he's a very good up and coming coach and I'm betting he has you guys competing for that Big Ten title within another couple of years. Let him get his guys in there and I think your team will be scary good.

I'm sure if you go to btn2go.com you can find all past Gopher games from this season and you can play them on demand. Great resource for fans to watch recent games.

Tubby wasn't a complete disaster. He took our program to a respectable level. I AM glad he was fired, but he can always be proud of his accomplishments here. A couple of guys in the NBA and a Ncca tourney win. Not bad.

GopherSteak, by "a couple of guys in the nba" you mean none right? who in the nba are you referring to??

GopherSteak, by "a couple of guys in the nba" you mean none right? who in the nba are you referring to??

Wow, it's really been that bad, so Humphries is the only post Clem player to make it to the NBA, can't think of another Monson recruit that made it.

I generally ignore the trolls, every fan base has em.

Chingy, generally I ignore posters from other areas, but we had a long string of Kentucky trolls come when Tubby bolted your land of crazy BB fans and frankly, I assumed you were one of them who just couldn't resist telling us you told us so. Oh wait, that is exactly what you did. So Dr. Don and Les and all the rest can call me a troll...but I ain't on the Kentucky board talking about the reject you hired to replace Tubby or the scumbag you have coaching your team now (regardless of how many championships he wins).

I stand by my previous statements and further, if you want to watch Gopher BB on stream, try searching Google. Its this cool site on the Internet where you can go and find stuff you are interested in...oh wait, then you couldn't come here and remind how you came here 6 years ago to tell us that Tubby wasn't any good and we would regret hiring him and that he couldn't recruit and all the rest.

Maybe Dr. Don is right and I am just in a bad mood...and maybe it was the 6 months of Tubby hating Kentucky fans that helped put me there.

Wow, it's really been that bad, so Humphries is the only post Clem player to make it to the NBA, can't think of another Monson recruit that made it.

Yes, sadly, it has really been that bad. I wish I could say it is going to get better soon but our current roster isn't loaded with future NBA players either...maybe none.

Chingy, generally I ignore posters from other areas, but we had a long string of Kentucky trolls come when Tubby bolted your land of crazy BB fans and frankly, I assumed you were one of them who just couldn't resist telling us you told us so. Oh wait, that is exactly what you did. So Dr. Don and Les and all the rest can call me a troll...but I ain't on the Kentucky board talking about the reject you hired to replace Tubby or the scumbag you have coaching your team now (regardless of how many championships he wins).

I stand by my previous statements and further, if you want to watch Gopher BB on stream, try searching Google. Its this cool site on the Internet where you can go and find stuff you are interested in...oh wait, then you couldn't come here and remind how you came here 6 years ago to tell us that Tubby wasn't any good and we would regret hiring him and that he couldn't recruit and all the rest.

Maybe Dr. Don is right and I am just in a bad mood...and maybe it was the 6 months of Tubby hating Kentucky fans that helped put me there.

I did not come here to say "I told you so".. this post was meant to talk about Pitino. I asked what you guys thought of him, not Tubby. Go back and read my initial post again, some of your posters were the ones that decided to focus on the Tubby part, so that's on them.

I did not come here to say "I told you so".. this post was meant to talk about Pitino. I asked what you guys thought of him, not Tubby. Go back and read my initial post again, some of your posters were the ones that decided to focus on the Tubby part, so that's on them.

Chingy, take no mind. You're always welcome here on Gopher Hole. Like any board, we have our share of thin skinned dudes who tend to respond with unwarranted and impertinent boldness. But hey, that's entertainment! Have fun and hold on.

Yes, sadly, it has really been that bad. I wish I could say it is going to get better soon but our current roster isn't loaded with future NBA players either...maybe none.

Perhap, GP, but I can easily see Austin Hollins filling a niche role in the NBA. He has the pedigree. He has the work ethic. He can play defense and he can hit the open three. I don't see Austin as a starter, but he is the most fundamentally solid player the Gophers have produced since Clem had the '97 team to the final four. There may be a place on an NBA roster for a kid like Austin.

I don't know if the guy is a troll or not, but I did tell him exactly where to go for free on-demand replays of Gopher games this year and he didn't acknowledge it whatsoever and kept posting about other things instead.

Read the first line of your original post

I don't know if the guy is a troll or not, but I did tell him exactly where to go for free on-demand replays of Gopher games this year and he didn't acknowledge it whatsoever and kept posting about other things instead.

OSU, I have been told that by lots and lots of people, and I am still in existence in this Purgatory called Earth.

Top Bottom