Gophers basketball: Austin Hollins' versatility is key to Minnesota's success

station19

Reaction score
"Austin Hollins is the most important player on the Gophers basketball team, Richard Pitino says.

"He's more rare than normal," the University of Minnesota coach said.

Stephen Bardo agrees with that not being normal part. The Big Ten Network analyst and former Illinois standout calls Hollins one of the most versatile players in the conference."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...-austin-hollins-versatility-is-key-minnesotas

Austins maturation has been a treat to watch. I`m thinking half of it is the reigns of a previous coaching staff being removed.

Austins maturation has been a treat to watch. I`m thinking half of it is the reigns of a previous coaching staff being removed.

Nonsense, he improved a great deal every year and now he's a senior. That's the way it's supposed to work.

That may be true for some of our players (and would have been true for some players who transferred), but I don't see it with Austin. Like howieramone said... He has been a very good and steadily improving player every year, now he is final on peoples radar. I loved the little things he brought since he was a freshman.

Nonsense, he improved a great deal every year and now he's a senior. That's the way it's supposed to work.

Bingo, right on howie. You have hit the exact point I have tried to make in numerous threads about giving us the hard working projects coming to the U versus a one and done prima donna. That is real coaching.

Top Bottom