Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson goes on rant for the ages

GopherLady

Reaction score
<script src="http://player.bimvid.com/v2/vps/wpsd/171befd3da15512bdd3d72b40b4bcd36db745030/ref=aHR0cDovL3d3dy53cHNkbG9jYWw2LmNvbS9zcG9ydHMvMTIxNy1SYXctaW50ZXJ2aWV3LVNJVXMtQmFycnktSGluc29uLWFmdGVyLU11cnJheS1TdGF0ZS0yMzYzMjUxMDEuaHRtbA"></script>

Here's some of the better quotes of the night:

"I got a bunch of momma's boys right now."

"I keep telling my wife size does matter."

"Marcus was absolutely awful, that's about as PG rated as I can say it. He was awful. Our guards are awful. Our three starting guards had one assist and and turnovers. They must think it's a tax credit. It's unbelievable how are starting guards played."

And: "Bad dog, get on the tread mill."

My word, that was EPIC.

Hey Coach Hinson, don't sugar coat it...tell us how you really feel.

He needs to be fired. You can't throw your players under the bus like that. Someone's feelings could get hurt.

I don't know... seems fairly similar to my post game talks to my grade 3/4 hoops team. However, instead of saying my wife can shot fake better than you, I say "you're little sister" can shot fake better than you... What?

I wonder if his wife can take a charge.

...was Hinson ever an assistant coach under Tubby...

I don't know... seems fairly similar to my post game talks to my grade 3/4 hoops team. However, instead of saying my wife can shot fake better than you, I say "you're little sister" can shot fake better than you... What?

Burn! :)

Hinson coached under Bill Self, so I'm thinkin' he learned a thing or two about trying to press his players' right buttons.

Hinson and his wife Angie were on the Dan Patrick Show this morning explaining the situation. Pretty good interview that gets better once Mrs.Hinson gets on. Her reaction to Barry line about how "even my Wife" could do better than "2 for 11"? Angie said she didn't play basketball.

The other highlight was when she reacted to Barry saying that his "wife had told me that size doesn't matter".

http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/12/18/southern-illinoiss-barry-hinson-and-wife-explain-epic-rant/

Here is what a coach in this situation could say..."We, team, players, and COACHES were so poor tonight, that if we would have been in a four team tournament, we would have come in 5th."

My new favorite coach... purely for the entertainment value.

That was a pretty good rant if I say so myself. Touched on a little bit of everything during that one, even the guy getting the text message. I have to admit, I both cringed and chuckled at various times.

Is this what passes as a rant nowadays? Bobby Knight anyone?

That's what I was thinking. I kept waiting for a few choice "F-bombs" to drop...ala Jerry Burns. Hinson did a nice job, however, of throwing his kids under the bus. A couple times I could feel the bus bounce as it ran over the kids...

Top Bottom