Connor Cosgrove

This is great news. It's really cool to read the tweets and see how much support he was getting from friends and teammates. It always seemed that his teammates were very supportive. Hopefully, this is a done deal.

However, it's really sad that no one else can be bothered to even post congratulations and well wishes, for what in my opinion is the greatest Gopher victory of the year. The GH admin have at least two other posts since this was originally posted. Wow!

“I hope they at least give me a sticker or lollipop or something,” he joked. Great article

This means a lot to me. I lost my mother to leukemia, and two of my best friends lost a brother and a sister to leukemia. My elderly uncle was the best blood match for my mother and donated blood weekly, and I am so thankful that my mother and I were lucky enough to dance at my wedding thanks to my uncle's donation (Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World", a song that still crushes me every time I hear it). She didn't last long enough to see my first son born, but she was there when we first saw the ultrasound.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that Connor has made the turn. He has continued to be a great inspiration to the team.

It's been amazing to follow his journey, and the attitude in which he dealt with his illness. When his father left the U to coach in Akron (I believe, could be wrong on that school) I remember reading that Connor and his parents never hesitated to leave him at the U due to the amazing medical care here and the support system he had within the Gopher program.

Hats off to thee Connor!

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> WR Connor Cosgrove had his final chemo treatment today. Honored to be there. Story will air in a few days. <a href="http://t.co/YObTWD7frp">pic.twitter.com/YObTWD7frp</a></p>— David McCoy (@DavidMcCoyWCCO) <a href="https://twitter.com/DavidMcCoyWCCO/statuses/411622024675483648">December 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is great news. It's really cool to read the tweets and see how much support he was getting from friends and teammates. It always seemed that his teammates were very supportive. Hopefully, this is a done deal.

However, it's really sad that no one else can be bothered to even post congratulations and well wishes, for what in my opinion is the greatest Gopher victory of the year. The GH admin have at least two other posts since this was originally posted. Wow!

To use your phrase: “Wow!” You continue to take passive-aggressive shots at GopherHole, and by connection, me. I could care less that you can’t let something that is years old between us go and move on. That’s your deal. But when you trivialize Connor and something as serious as LLS, and do so by taking a shot at GopherHole and again, me, I won’t sit quiet on this important topic. Due to my personal relationship with the niece of a GopherHole member who was impacted by LLS, and due to my personal relationship with Connor himself, I have tirelessly committed myself to raising money and awareness for this awful cancer. Over the past 3 years, I have personally spent more than 400 hours raising money, attending LLS events, organizing fundraisers, and pouring my heart and soul into it. I am proud that I have been directly responsible for raising more than $50,000 to LLS in the past 24 months (though my campaign which raised $37K and managing another campaign).

During that time I have met way too many people who have LLS or who’s family or friends are directly impacted. That has fueled my passion even more. In addition, during this journey, I have become even closer to Connor and have supported him in private through his battle. I was honored to have had the opportunity to cook him a celebratory dinner tonight and to have spent a special evening with him and another friend who tirelessly volunteers for LLS. He is not a “Gopher victory” to me, he is a friend and an inspiration. No message board post is needed to validate my support of him, though it appears that is all that is needed by you to show support.

Of course raising $50,000 for LLS was not only my own doing. I am blessed to have a fantastic group of friends who helped me raise thousands at various LLS events. The GopherHole admin that you are attempting to rip hosted a GopherHole LLS Tailgate in which many GopherHole members attended. We even had some GopherHole members who were unable to attend either due to living elsewhere or not in town, that donated money and items for the silent auction. I can only assume that you donated to the GopherHole LLS Tailgate fundraiser – just remind me what it was you donated or I can go back and look at the list. Other GopherHole members donated silent auction items, attended other LLS fundraisers as well, both those that live in state and out of state. We had former Gopher players and coaches get involved as well, again showing that this is not a single person endeavor, but one that shows an overwhelming support of Connor, the niece of a GopherHoler and way too many others who are impacted by LLS.

The fact that you find it “sad” that despite doing all of the above, that me and/or GH didn’t respond to this one thread is well (again to use your word) “Wow!”

This is not a “Gopher victory” as you trivialize this as, nor is this a time to take yet another passive-aggressive pot shot at me and GH. Rather this is a time to honor Connor as a person which I was able to do tonight directly, and a time to continue supporting and raising money and awareness for LLS, as I do as a current Board Member and campaign manager again. I hope you are as committed to this cause as I am. If not, “Wow!”

good grief, leeks is a bigger clown than i imagined. can't believe his post.

impressive work on LLS nadine, and thanks for all you do!

It takes real courage to fight these killers. Congrats, Connor! And thank you, Nadine, for your work in bringing awareness and resources to the fight!

Go Gophers!

Awesome news on Connor.

GopherLady, you are awesome. I don't know anyone that has done as much for LLS as you have. Good for you. Leave it to Kelly Leeks to trivialize someone overcoming cancer all the while taking shots at people. What a prick.

Great news for Connor and his whole family!!

Thanks so much, GL, for raising so much money and spending so much time with Connor and others who need it. I'm sure your actions are dearly appreciated by all you have helped!!

Thanks for your nice comments, gentleman...I didn't post that to get accolades from you, as I do a very very small part to help the cause. I just wanted to show that there is a limit to making personal passive aggressive attacks, and this was one I couldn't let go. Hope you all have a happy holiday!

Thanks for the update on your efforts, Nadine. My days only have around 24 hours. It seems like yours must have more. No fair. lol

Thanks for the update on your efforts, Nadine. My days only have around 24 hours. It seems like yours must have more. No fair. lol

Lol! It's amazing how much sleep you can cut out when you're truly passionate about things, I'm fortunate to be so passionate about the Gophers, Social Media, and LLS...adrenaline is an amazing thing :)

Top Bottom