Tracy Claeys on Hageman: "He will be a first round draft pick."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Gophers defensive coordinator and acting head coach Tracy Claeys doesn’t hesitate when talking about senior defensive tackle Ra’Shede Hageman being chosen during the first round of next spring’s NFL Draft.

“He will be a first round draft pick. I don’t see 20 teams passing him up, let alone 32 once they get a chance to work him out,” Claeys told Sports Headliners this week.

Claeys also believes senior Gophers defensive back Brock Vereen will be drafted. He projects Vereen as a “middle rounds” choice because of his abilities including experience playing both cornerback and safety for the Gophers.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Glad to see Vereen mentioned. I don't know where he'll be drafted of even if he'll be drafted (my guess is he will be), but he's a really good football player. I think he will be a productive pro if he gets in the right place.

Yep, I said earlier in the year that as long as his performance has him slated for somewhere in the first round, he will get drafted there for sure. You've got to believe he will dominate at the combine. Of course, anything can happen, but I expect him to go somewhere in the 1st.

Hoping Vereen gets a look somewhere as well. His versatility is very valuable.

Probably doesn't hurt Brock's chances that his brother is shining for the Patriots.

Hageman's big appeal is that he's still learning how to play the position.

The NFL drafts your future, not your past (duh).

I'm looking forward to watching the draft this year, just so I can see his name called and the talking heads drooling over his measurables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Botticelli has a chance to get drafted after next season. I would not be sruprised if Roland Williams gets a free agent tryout and makes a practice squad or roster on hustle alone. What he lacks in height Johnson makes up for in effort. The defensive tackles are the strength of our defense this year.

I also think Hageman will probably be a first round pick. He will not fall beyond round two. It will come down to his workouts and how many people declare.

Studwell55 said:
Hageman's big appeal is that he's still learning how to play the position.

The NFL drafts your future, not your past (duh).

And he is going to put up huge numbers at the combine.

Hageman's still not really that good at football.

I'm serious!

Did you really just say that a unanimous first team all-B1G selection isn't really that good at football? He maybe hasn't reached his potential yet but to say he isn't good at football is ludicrous. After the last two posts of yours that I have read (the other being in the Claeys leaving thread) I have come to the conclusion that you say some pretty ridiculous things.

I'll let Studwell speak for himself, but it is fair to say that Hageman is still learning the position, his technique needs a lot of polishing.

I'll let Studwell speak for himself, but it is fair to say that Hageman is still learning the position, his technique needs a lot of polishing.

I agree with this, I just find it preposterous to say he isn't good at football. If that's all he's trying to say then I agree, it just wasn't worded very well if that's the case.

Botticelli has a chance to get drafted after next season. I would not be sruprised if Roland Williams gets a free agent tryout and makes a practice squad or roster on hustle alone. What he lacks in height Johnson makes up for in effort. The defensive tackles are the strength of our defense this year.

i would be surprised if both of those happened, and you mean Roland Johnson right?

+1. I think that is what Studwell was also trying to say. The physical ability is there, but that will only get you so far in the pros. I think he'll be a first-round pick because athletes like Hageman don't come along that often.

PS--I wouldn't be surprised to see Hill and Manuel at least get try-outs. Manuel came a long way this season and Hill is very steady.

I think the the fact he played fewer than 50 percent of the snaps will plat against him a bit but he's such a good athlete and has such a high side he likely stays in the first round.

I think the the fact he played fewer than 50 percent of the snaps will play against him a bit but he's such a good athlete and has such a high side he likely stays in the first round.

I think the the fact he played fewer than 50 percent of the snaps will play against him a bit but he's such a good athlete and has such a high side he likely stays in the first round.

Someone could also say that for him to make such a big impact even though he didn't play all the time is pretty great as well. 34 tackles, 11 for a loss is pretty good for a DT to begin with. Imagine if he played 70% of the snaps.

What percent of the snaps did he play? Is there s site that displays that information?

What percent of the snaps did he play? Is there s site that displays that information?

No place I know of, but no way he played less than 60 if not 70%. Only like 24 DL's in the NFL play more than 80% of the snaps.

Top Bottom