Mitch Browning

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Pete Roussel (@coachingsearch) reports that Mitch Browning will be back in the B1G as o-line coach for Rutgers.

Pete Roussel (@coachingsearch) reports that Mitch Browning will be back in the B1G as o-line coach for Rutgers.

For all the talk on this board about Gordie Shaw, most don't understand that Mitch Browning played a much bigger role in developing Mason's running game. Good for him.

Good for him. I was surprised he didn't get more a of a look as a head coach back in the Mason years (I'm sure there are plenty of good reasons I wasn't paying attention to back then). But he did good things for the University...I look forward to playing him and Rutgers in 13 years or whenever it is that our schedules are going to cross for the first time.

He's been in the wind. I actually think he was a grad assistant for someone (thinking Tennessee) after leaving here. I know he coached at Akron and Syracuse as well. Just shows you the vagabond life of the assistant coach. Like others, surprised he wasn't more sought after.

For all the talk on this board about Gordie Shaw, most don't understand that Mitch Browning played a much bigger role in developing Mason's running game. Good for him.

That is correct and it should tell you how much this board actually knows about Gopher football.

Good guy and I'm glad he's still kicking around the coaching ranks.

Mitch Browning was the or a co offensive coordinator with Tony Peterson. Gordy Shaw had been the defensive line coach and moved to the offensive line coach in 2002.

Top Bottom