Top Candidates for UND Job.

Shouldn't this be on the "Other topics" board.

Coaching Idols.

Is that Wayne Fontes? Holy crap, nice work!!

I just figured there is probably a more appropriate spot for what will end up turning into a frickin' ndsu coaching search thread. It's stupid how much play they get here.

NDSU will get some good ladder climbing young up and coming coaching applicants for the position there. What Coach Bohl has done is going to be tough to compete with.

While some of you may think of NDSU as "minor league", they are Big Time Minor League and more power to them.

Is this a UND thread or an NDSU thread?

It can be both, along with it being a Gopher Thread. Or a Mankato thread, or a St. Cloud thread, or a St. thomas thread, or whatever thread.

Christopher McComas looks like a winner for any job

I just figured there is probably a more appropriate spot for what will end up turning into a frickin' ndsu coaching search thread. It's stupid how much play they get here.

You might want to read the article once again.

I think Kill should look to hire this guy. (There now it has a Gophers football connection)

You might want to read the article once again.

I think Kill should look to hire this guy. (There now it has a Gophers football connection)

Awww crap. My bad, with the news of Bohl leaving I just assumed a certain direction that these things usually go.

Saw a list of applicants. I hope Todd Hoffner from Mankato gets a good look. The guy was wronged by the school.
This guy is the front runner however.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013...ses-chris-mccomas-for-north-dakota-head-coach

I don't understand why this is the general consensus. This seems to be the accepted story, but I wouldn't be so sure to come to that conclusion.

#1: Hoffner made a video that raised suspicions from a couple of people who had no reason to go after Hoffner (a successful football coach). I hope IT guys in his position would be overly skeptical. This doesn't make him guilty by any means, but it's not like this was all based on rumors about some unpopular weirdo.

#2: Hoffner's wife admits that she's never seen the tape. Isn't it peculiar that a dad would take a video of this and never show his wife? Isn't it peculiar that Hoffner's wife wasn't super anxious to see a video of this kind of allegation? I realize it'd be difficult, but refusing to watch the video is a bizarre reaction.

#3: Why didn't Hoffner sue the school? He talked about suing the school and he went to ESPN for a full story to try to pressure the school, but the school called his bluff. Why? I have no idea. However, if he would have appealed to get his job back (probably just stay on the payroll) and he loses his appeal, they would have given a full description of the reasons for his termination. If Hoffner went away quietly, he could complain in the media and the school could never bring up their reasons for moving on. In contrast, if he appealed and lost his appeal, the school could release all of their information regarding the termination. Again, this isn't proof that he did anything, it's just a bizarre way to handle this situation.

In conclusion, I have no idea what Todd Hoffner did or did not do, but the circumstantial evidence surrounding this situation is fishy. This is a guy who took a video of his kids that was supposedly an innocent video. He didn't show his wife. She refuses to see the video and then he gets fired because of this video. Now, he is cleared of the charges and STILL gets canned from his job. He talks about appealing the firing (but never does). The only negative thing that could come from the appeal would be the school could release their findings. If he chooses not to appeal, the school can never release their findings. It's just a bizarre case. I wouldn't pretend to know what happened, I would hope other people wouldn't pretend to know either.

It can be both, along with it being a Gopher Thread. Or a Mankato thread, or a St. Cloud thread, or a St. thomas thread, or whatever thread.

Well the guy is from Marshall so it should be about Huntington and the Thundering Herd also, right?

I don't understand why this is the general consensus. This seems to be the accepted story, but I wouldn't be so sure to come to that conclusion.

#1: Hoffner made a video that raised suspicions from a couple of people who had no reason to go after Hoffner (a successful football coach). I hope IT guys in his position would be overly skeptical. This doesn't make him guilty by any means, but it's not like this was all based on rumors about some unpopular weirdo.

#2: Hoffner's wife admits that she's never seen the tape. Isn't it peculiar that a dad would take a video of this and never show his wife? Isn't it peculiar that Hoffner's wife wasn't super anxious to see a video of this kind of allegation? I realize it'd be difficult, but refusing to watch the video is a bizarre reaction.

#3: Why didn't Hoffner sue the school? He talked about suing the school and he went to ESPN for a full story to try to pressure the school, but the school called his bluff. Why? I have no idea. However, if he would have appealed to get his job back (probably just stay on the payroll) and he loses his appeal, they would have given a full description of the reasons for his termination. If Hoffner went away quietly, he could complain in the media and the school could never bring up their reasons for moving on. In contrast, if he appealed and lost his appeal, the school could release all of their information regarding the termination. Again, this isn't proof that he did anything, it's just a bizarre way to handle this situation.

In conclusion, I have no idea what Todd Hoffner did or did not do, but the circumstantial evidence surrounding this situation is fishy. This is a guy who took a video of his kids that was supposedly an innocent video. He didn't show his wife. She refuses to see the video and then he gets fired because of this video. Now, he is cleared of the charges and STILL gets canned from his job. He talks about appealing the firing (but never does). The only negative thing that could come from the appeal would be the school could release their findings. If he chooses not to appeal, the school can never release their findings. It's just a bizarre case. I wouldn't pretend to know what happened, I would hope other people wouldn't pretend to know either.

He actually kind of did. He hasn't "sued" in the traditional sense. However, there's still a union grievance out there on his behalf (unless that has changed recently, but I haven't heard that). With MnSCU campuses, there's a process to go through and he's doing it.

He actually kind of did. He hasn't "sued" in the traditional sense. However, there's still a union grievance out there on his behalf (unless that has changed recently, but I haven't heard that). With MnSCU campuses, there's a process to go through and he's doing it.

There is a union grievance on his behalf, which isn't being pushed through. The Hoffners haven't been pursuing it. They talked about going through the entire appeals process but they haven't taken the proper steps to fully appeal the situation. It was hot air for their big ESPN special in their attempt to extort tax payer money. Minnesota State didn't do anything wrong. The IT guy did what we hope IT people around the country would do when THEY run across something they think is fishy. . . turn it over to the police.

I really hope Hoffner does actually go through with the entire process (he won't). It would really help clear his name (not that he needs it, he is seen as a martyr) and it would allow him to be justly compensated if he really was innocent. It's odd he won't go through the process.

at best he misused company property. yer fired. most of us have and can be let go at anytime for it.

There is a union grievance on his behalf, which isn't being pushed through. The Hoffners haven't been pursuing it. They talked about going through the entire appeals process but they haven't taken the proper steps to fully appeal the situation. It was hot air for their big ESPN special in their attempt to extort tax payer money. Minnesota State didn't do anything wrong. The IT guy did what we hope IT people around the country would do when THEY run across something they think is fishy. . . turn it over to the police.

I really hope Hoffner does actually go through with the entire process (he won't). It would really help clear his name (not that he needs it, he is seen as a martyr) and it would allow him to be justly compensated if he really was innocent. It's odd he won't go through the process.

I have never been one to blame the institution for taking steps to investigate the situation. However, to make it as public as they did, in the way they did, was shameful and has hurt them. There's a right way to handle and investigation such as this, and they didn't do it that way.

I have never been one to blame the institution for taking steps to investigate the situation. However, to make it as public as they did, in the way they did, was shameful and has hurt them. There's a right way to handle and investigation such as this, and they didn't do it that way.

That whole situation just seems to suggest there is something else in play.

Top Bottom