ESPN Uni Watch - Gopher White Helmets are the headline item

Chadypu

Student
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/sto...s-events-bowl-games-winter-classic-super-bowl

The Gophers are the top item on this week's Uni watch:

"Some teams might don gaudy attire, but Minnesota will wear classic white helmets in the Texas Bowl. "

"Dec. 21: College football's bowl season begins. Some teams will wear special uniforms for the occasion (Minnesota has already announced that it will have white helmets for the Texas Bowl), and other schools have special uni-centric protocols for bowl games (Notre Dame, for example, which will be playing in the Pinstripe Bowl, doesn't put player names on its jerseys during the regular season but adds the players' names for bowl games), so things could get interesting."

Nice to see such a beauty and a classic garner the praise it should :)

What?! White helmets are a classic look?! Oh boy, the uniform police on GH are gonna throw fits! :cool:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/sto...s-events-bowl-games-winter-classic-super-bowl

The Gophers are the top item on this week's Uni watch:

"Some teams might don gaudy attire, but Minnesota will wear classic white helmets in the Texas Bowl. "

"Dec. 21: College football's bowl season begins. Some teams will wear special uniforms for the occasion (Minnesota has already announced that it will have white helmets for the Texas Bowl), and other schools have special uni-centric protocols for bowl games (Notre Dame, for example, which will be playing in the Pinstripe Bowl, doesn't put player names on its jerseys during the regular season but adds the players' names for bowl games), so things could get interesting."

"Uni Watch Prediction: Nike, adidas, and Under Armour will no doubt do their best to make bowl season look ridiculous,"

If we lose to Syracuse we can call them the White Helmets of Surrender! I really dislike the changes in uniforms as of late. Wear your 2 uniforms with pride and burn the rest.

A uniform change is cool every once in a while, but this helmet design looks like something that could be permanent. If you're gonna wear new uniforms for a game then you might as well stand out. We won't stand out with these.

I'll never understand the geezers on this board that have to complain about every single uniform tweak. You guys are probably still wearing the same musty suit that you bought during the Nixon administration. Ease up and let the kids have fun. These helmets already are a success considering they are the featured picture/story in this ESPN article.

A uniform change is cool every once in a while, but this helmet design looks like something that could be permanent. If you're gonna wear new uniforms for a game then you might as well stand out. We won't stand out with these.

Aww shucks...well I guess we'll have to resort to standing out by our play on the field in beating down the mighty, underrated and disrespected Orange Mocha Frappuccinos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could get used to the white helmets if they wore them on the road. I think they will look a little odd on top of the dark home uniform

I like the # on one side and the M on the other.

It is like a tribute to the 60s, with the look at today.

I'll never understand the geezers on this board that have to complain about every single uniform tweak. You guys are probably still wearing the same musty suit that you bought during the Nixon administration. Ease up and let the kids have fun. These helmets already are a success considering they are the featured picture/story in this ESPN article.

This. +1 Madtown.

Ski U Mah Gopher said:
I like the # on one side and the M on the other.

It is like a tribute to the 60s, with the look at today.

Me too, but our maroon helmet is the best. Swap 1 M on our current helmet for numbers and I'd be on board.

Are we home or away? im hoping away since white jersey and gold pants would look the best...

Are we home or away? im hoping away since white jersey and gold pants would look the best...

Home (we were visiting last year, wore white over maroon). Hoping for maroon over white, I think that would be the best. GH will explode if its gold over white with white helmets!!! (mind......blown.....)

Home (we were visiting last year, wore white over maroon). Hoping for maroon over white, I think that would be the best. GH will explode if its gold over white with white helmets!!! (mind......blown.....)

I certainly wouldnt put it past them to wear the bolded. seems super light for being home team though, not enough contrast for me.

Agreed!

Me too, but our maroon helmet is the best. Swap 1 M on our current helmet for numbers and I'd be on board.

Agreed, it's a nice look. Exchange an "M" for the numbers. Don't see how a stripe would work on the maroon helmet, but it looks good on the white helmet.

Gopherprof, somebody is getting their history messed-up again!

I'll never understand why every time a White Helmet idea comes-up people keep acted as if it's new and different when it was worn by the Gophers back in the Eisenhower and Kennedy Administration. ;)

The new white Minnesota helmets are a throwback of sorts, or at least an homage to the 60s Gophers teams that wore white lids with numbers on them. (UM football teams have worn white more recently, but not with numbers adorning the side.) The number appears on one side, opposite the school’s trademark “M” logo done in gold-outlined maroon. A maroon stripe runs down the center as well — featuring the brick pattern seen on Minnesota’s other lids — contrasting the solid-white, while a matching maroon facemask rounds out the look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-NATION...thentic-GAMEDAY-Football-Helmet-/251085356089

http://www.gopherjerseys.com/gopher-helmets.html

Just to piss off station19, I want the Gophers to be all white head to toe. :)

Just to piss off station19, I want the Gophers to be all white head to toe. :)

To expand on that let's have just thin gold silhouettes around the M and the numbers and BINGO, unis that will blind the opposition. Cuse will never see it coming.

Pretty sure Gold Jersey / Gold Pants / White Helmet is coming....

White on Gold on White :)

I actually think it would look sweet. We wore gold over white with the Brew unis when we played Illinois

That wouldn't be bad. My preference is for with the White helmets would be White Helmet/Maroon Jersey/White Pants.

White on Gold on White :)

I actually think it would look sweet. We wore gold over white with the Brew unis when we played Illinois

I did a 'mock' up photoshop of something like that. It looks really awkward and ugly IMO.

LSUrecolormaroon_zpsa87eaf55.jpg

Top Bottom