Is Syracuse - Iowa East?

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
I had a small amount of respect for their fans and football team, but the tide is changing. Yes, the few fans that came here last year were tolerable and somewhat respectful. Their fanbase seemed to accept defeat and the couple of posters that have come over here have been civil.

I checked the fan board at Syracusefan.com and one peruse over there changed my mind. I have never seen so much arogance over a 6-6 team and bashing of an 8-4 opponent in my life. I saw there were a few posters from Gopherhole over there and they were respectful. However, it appears they were banned for trolling (I don't understand thinking that well thought out opposing opinions are trolling). The hate that came out of their fanbase is New York City as opposed to more polite Upstate New York.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but at least Iowa fans know what they're talking about. At least the Iowa moderators allow friendly discussion. At least Iowa shows up for football games (mostly drunk - but at least they show up).

I'm just ranting, but these people are very close to Texas Tech fans. /end rant//

The ones who are posting here are very reasonable and welcome. Some of the ones posting on their own board aren't. That's perfectly acceptable isn't it?

And Syracuse fans believe Minnesota=Georgetown West.

No idea who their biggest rival.

LOL. Arrogant Syracuse fans from the power football conference of the ACC. :rolleyes: LULZ.

I'm just ranting, but these people are very close to Texas Tech fans.

In the fantasy world of message boards, maybe. (And even then, who cares?)

But I'll have to see it in person in Houston to believe a wild statement like that.

yosemite-sam.png

The Suckacuse fans can kiss my furry arse. They are a bunch of punks who still think they should have won the last three games they lost to us and that their run defense is top 10 and their pass offense is so much better than ours (even though they are barely ahead of us in the rankings).

We must break them of their silly notions...they ain't Rocky but our run offense hits like Ivan Drago!

This happens every year and with every bowl.

Not sure I agree that it's like this every year. Every fan base has their clowns, including us. But this is one of my favorite times of year to visit this site. Crimson Bama is still one of my favorite posters of all time. And rawphenomenon seems okay, too.

Maybe it's different this time since we're in the rare position of being favorites.

In the last 50 years, Syracuse University has only produced TWO Natl Champions outside of the sport of Lacrosse.

Their Men's Crew team won a Natl Title in 1978, and their Men's BB team won the Natl Title in 2003 as we are all well aware of.

Meanwhile, outside of the sport of Ice Hockey, in the last 50 years the Univ of Minnesota has won Natl Titles in Men's Wrestling, Men's Golf, Men's Baseball and gotten Women's VB and Womens BB teams to the Final Four. Our Dance Team is a dynasty that's won 8 Natl titles. Our Men's Gymnastics team has finished #2 in the nation.

We've put more players into the NFL than SU has.
We've put more players into the NBA than SU has.
We've put more players into MLB than SU has.
We've put more players into the NHL than SU has.

We've put twice as many players into the Cfb HOF than SU has.
We've put more players into the Naismith HOF than SU has.
We've put more players in the Baseball HOF than SU has.
We've put more players into the Hockey HOF than SU has.

We've had more players win Gold Medals in the Olympics than SU has.

We invented Cheerleading.

And what has Syracuse ever done for us?? We gave them future HOF coaches Biggie Munn and Ossie Solem(Helms HOF).

SU never made the cfb Top 10 or 20 before WWII, so to be nice, comparing our 2 programs since WWII, here is their Top 5 rankings vs ours.

1-4-6-8-10
vs
1-6-8-9-10

not a big difference.

And in head to head action, they've lost 3 straight to us.

From the loose and infrequent attempts I have made to check out both boards, I'd say "We started it" in terms of a long crying thread that came out immediately following the bowl pairing. The Syracuse folks were given a big dose of how horrible a lot of people here think their football team is, and their reaction was something you could predict. On the other hand, I do think a lot of Syracuse fans decided to focus on the sensational posts over here and that caused most of them to totally miss the point most MN fans were making: Nothing personal... just a disappointment to play a familiar team that went .500 this year, in the exact same bowl as last year, when the Gophers are much improved this year.

Since then it has been a lot of piling on and one-up-man-ship.

Wait until you see and hear them during lacrosse season....ugh!

In the last 50 years, Syracuse University has only produced TWO Natl Champions outside of the sport of Lacrosse.

Their Men's Crew team won a Natl Title in 1978, and their Men's BB team won the Natl Title in 2003 as we are all well aware of.

Meanwhile, outside of the sport of Ice Hockey, in the last 50 years the Univ of Minnesota has won Natl Titles in Men's Wrestling, Men's Golf, Men's Baseball and gotten Women's VB and Womens BB teams to the Final Four. Our Dance Team is a dynasty that's won 8 Natl titles. Our Men's Gymnastics team has finished #2 in the nation.

We've put more players into the NFL than SU has.
We've put more players into the NBA than SU has.
We've put more players into MLB than SU has.
We've put more players into the NHL than SU has.

We've put twice as many players into the Cfb HOF than SU has.
We've put more players into the Naismith HOF than SU has.
We've put more players in the Baseball HOF than SU has.
We've put more players into the Hockey HOF than SU has.

We've had more players win Gold Medals in the Olympics than SU has.

We invented Cheerleading.

And what has Syracuse ever done for us?? We gave them future HOF coaches Biggie Munn and Ossie Solem(Helms HOF).

SU never made the cfb Top 10 or 20 before WWII, so to be nice, comparing our 2 programs since WWII, here is their Top 5 rankings vs ours.

1-4-6-8-10
vs
1-6-8-9-10

not a big difference.

And in head to head action, they've lost 3 straight to us.

THIS! Suckacuse ain't ****!

How do you get me amped up for a bowl game against a team I don't care about? Make me hate their fan base. I love it! Thanks for being so arrogant, Syracuse fans (sincerely, I'm looking much more forward to the game now)! Hate you.

The damned guy was just having fun, GopherInPhilly that is, and got banned. Have GopherHole Mods become the problem?

Bring Back GopherInPhilly!!!

The damned guy was just having fun, GopherInPhilly that is, and got banned. Have GopherHole Mods become the problem?

Agreed. He was just trying to drum up interest in a game that nobody (myself included) gave two sh*ts about on Sunday. This place was like a morgue when the matchup was announced. At least the board has been entertaining the past couple days.

Don't... get... it. A long-standing poster at Gopherhole is banned for being enthusiastic? If this was the Orange board, sure... but, um, it's a Gopher board. I thought? Am I wrong? Where am I?

Oh those silly Methodists, what will they do next? I would characterize them as Duke North, rather than anything Iowa, for various reasons.

Top Bottom