Student Travel Package - Great Deal!! Includes 2014 Student Season Ticket.

BieberHole69

Reaction score
Dear University of Minnesota Student,

Gopher Sports is excited to announce the details of the Brick by Brick Bowl Trip student travel package for the Texas Bowl in Houston when the Golden Gophers face the Syracuse Orange on December 27. Please note that all students can be put on a waiting list beginning Thursday at 9 a.m.

TRAVEL PACKAGE
-Roundtrip transportation via a charter bus
-2 nights lodging at the official team hotel (Westin Galleria Hotel)
-A ticket to the Texas Bowl game
-A ticket to the Pregame Tailgate hosted by the Alumni Association
-Snacks and beverages on the bus
-A t-shirt
-A COMPLIMENTARY 2014 STUDENT FOOTBALL SEASON TICKET
-Opportunity to win prizes
TRAVEL SCHEDULE Depart from TCF Bank Stadium on Wednesday, December 25 at 3 p.m., arrive in Houston at approximately 4 p.m. on December 26, and depart Houston on Saturday, December 28.

FEE
The student fee is $200 AND includes a complimentary 2014 Gopher Football student season ticket, bringing the cost down to only approximately $116.

-------------------

Wish I could go - this is a great deal.

wow, that's sweet!

Do they have organized student road-trip offerings during the regular season as well? If not, they should.

Gopher Sports is excited to announce the details of the Brick by Brick Bowl Trip student travel package for the Texas Bowl in Houston when the Golden Gophers face the Syracuse Orange on December 27. Please note that all students can be put on a waiting list beginning Thursday at 9 a.m.

TRAVEL PACKAGE
-A t-shirt
TRAVEL SCHEDULE Depart from TCF Bank Stadium on Wednesday, December 25 at 3 p.m., arrive in Houston at approximately 4 p.m. on December 26, and depart Houston on Saturday, December 28.

FEE
The student fee is $200 AND includes a complimentary 2014 Gopher Football student season ticket, bringing the cost down to only approximately $116

-------------------

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I wouldn't mind bussing down to Houston with some coeds. I'll bring the apple pucker and Boones farm.

Holy cow...can I pretend to still be a student?! What a great deal!!

That's a fantastic deal - hats off to thee to those that put this together and a GREAT idea to add in the 2014 season ticket.

Go Gophers!!

Holy cow...can I pretend to still be a student?! What a great deal!!

Don't be the creepy old guy on the student trip, please. Just kidding :)

This is a phenomenal deal, I hope many take advantage of this and it sells out!

That's a fantastic deal and fraction of the cost of the creative charter deals. Granted, you are on the bus for the better part of a day, but I did a similar trip with almost 3 buses to El Paso for the Sun Bowl in 2003 and it was a big party and lots of fun. The whole trip was less than $150, however, the ride home after spending NYE in Juarez, Mexico was rough. This one is only $200 for a ticket, transport, hotel and SWAG AND this one includes a season ticket for next season which is awesome!

For all of the crap some on this board have given to Gopher Marketing (some deserved), you have to admit this is an extremely attractive package for students. Love the idea of including a season ticket for next year too!

That's a great idea by the U! It builds up the fan base for the bowl and next season.

If you are a current University of Minnesota student not in an absolutely dire financial situation and do not take advantage of this opportunity, you are an extreme idiot and deserve to never be allowed into TCF Bank Stadium again. You have almost no excuse to not take advantage of this opportunity. A trip to a bowl game will never be less expensive for you, especially not after graduation. You need to be in whatever line there is to sign up for this deal RIGHT NOW.

A bowl ticket and season tickets for next year for me would be $320 without travel, and even that's a great deal compared to what alumni pay. You really don't know how good you have it or how dumb it would be to not go on this trip.

Go sign up NOW.

Don't be the creepy old guy on the student trip, please. Just kidding :)

This is a phenomenal deal, I hope many take advantage of this and it sells out!

Ha well I am recently out of college, so I don't think I would stick out too much :)

Nadine, do you know if there is a cap on the number of buses they would take down?

TRAVEL PACKAGE
-A t-shirt

FEE
The student fee is $200 AND includes a complimentary 2014 Gopher Football student season ticket, bringing the cost down to only approximately $116.

-------------------

This is an amazing deal. But the bolded line doesn't seem right. The fee is $200. Just because you get a free season ticket for next year doesn't change the fact that you still pay $200.

I am being nit-picky here, but this makes me wish I was a still a student so I could take advantage of this deal. I am glad the U is doing more stuff like this. The AD is finally being proactive, in a business sense, to get student butts in the seats.

Pretty good price. Only snag I can see is graduating seniors might be the main target and they could be moving away for jobs and unable to use next year's tix.

Pretty good price. Only snag I can see is graduating seniors might be the main target and they could be moving away for jobs and unable to use next year's tix.

so sell them to your undergrad buddies.

wish i had the cash on hand to do this. pretty awesome deal if you ask me!!!

Do you still get next year's season ticket if you're a senior graduating in May?

Do you still get next year's season ticket if you're a senior graduating in May?

They told me they would work with me to get a comparable deal on regular season tickets.

That probably just means comparable as in, you pay another $116 to get the new alumni price on season tickets. But who knows, maybe they'll surprise me.

This is an awesome deal. For those graduating, upgrading to real season tickets has been an awesome experience, though I do miss the student section.

Just called to get my spot. Sounds like they sold out pretty fast this morning so they're putting people on waitlists and are looking into adding more buses. Hopefully they fill a few of those suckers up!

Just called to get my spot. Sounds like they sold out pretty fast this morning so they're putting people on waitlists and are looking into adding more buses. Hopefully they fill a few of those suckers up!

this is good news

Not sure what "sold out" means, as in how many buses are going. A big convoy of Gopher students heading down to the bowl game sounds awesome. A big drunken orgy of a convoy.

I don't know how to post a tweet on here, but any of you on twitter, check out Peter Mortell's tweet about the bus - very solid.

This is a fantastic package! Well done, Gopher Sports!

Top Bottom