Purdue @ Minnesota

gophersfan

Reaction score
it game time. tonight game can be seen on the BTN, at 6:30 PM Central.

YES! WHAT AN ENDING!!! 4-3 Gophers do damage in the bottom of the 9th to take home the victory!!!

What a huge WIN. I thougth both Managers stayed with there starters one inning too long. Bischoff had us off balance all night but some great swings in the ninth.

Game 2 is currently in the 8th inning with the Gophers up 3-1. Gophers only have 5 hits but have single RBI from Petterson, McCallum, and Kvansnicka. Buske has thrown 8 shutout innings giving up 7 hits, no walks and 7 strikeouts.

Gophers Win game 2 3-1. Buske throws 8 2/3 and Maytas comes in for the one out save. Got the series win, now we can go for a sweep and put ourselves in great position for a conference title run.

Nice to see the starters rebound from a tough weekend against Illinois last week. Hopefully Rosin will keep it up tomorrow and we can claim a sweep heading into games with SDSU and Iowa coming up next week!!!

Gophers up 5-2 in the ninth in Game 3. Rosin only went 5 but had 8 K's and no walks and 1 run, Lubinsky relieved him and now Rasmussen is trying to close it down. Nohelty, McCallum, and Gominsky each have three hits and McCallum hit his 11th Home Run on the season.

The standings will tighten up a little after the weekend. Ohio State lost today to win series 2-1. Indiana went 2-1 against Michigan, unfortunately Illinois won all three at Penn State. If the Gophers wrap up the win, Ohio State and Illinois will be tied for first at 11-4, with the Gophers and Indiana tied a half of a game back at 10-4. Tight race with 3 weeks to go. Illinois and Ohio State have to play each other yet.

It's a final now. Gophers down Purdue 5-2 to sweep the series and improve to 27-12 overall and 10-4 in the Big Ten. Luke Rasmussen started the ninth and then was relieved by Scott Matyas, who picked up the save.

The starters were very good all weekend, starting with Handran, continuing with Buske and finishing up with Rosin and his eight strikeouts in five innings today. Also, the offense was a bit better today, finishing with 12 hits as a team. Nice to see McCallum knock out his 11th homer of the year as well.

In addition, Ohio State got beat by Northwestern this afternoon while Illinois beat Penn State and Indiana beat Michigan, so the Buckeyes and Illini are both 11-4 in the league while the Gophers and Indiana are both 10-4. Sets up for a big week against the Jackrabbits and then the Hawkeyes.

Rasussen allows first two runners on so Maytas comes in and gets a K and a double play for the save and the Gophers Sweep.

Playing the last two series on the road is not ideal but we have already played the top teams so we should be the favorite in most of our remaining games. Really need to take care of business at home against iowa next weekend and can't ahve any mid week slip ups.

Chance to make a big run

After the Illinios series I said the Gophers have a chance to go on a big run. I thought there was a chance we good could win 10 in a row or more.

I watched the replay of the friday night's game on Big Ten Network Saturday morning. My first game I had watched, and I stumbled upon it by accident. The family was glued to the TV during the ninth.

Thanks BTN, that was some entertaining baseball.

Top Bottom