Upset About Bowl Placement? Buy Tickets

Iceland12

Reaction score
If you're truly upset about the Gophers getting "screwed over" in the Bowl Selection Process, buy tickets and go to the game. If you can't/don't want to go to Houston, buy tickets through Gophersports.com, the official source. The Gophers get credit for the tickets and it will boost their argument for next year.

You can get a ticket for $25. That's pretty cheap if you think that what has happened is truly an outrage.

If you're truly upset about the Gophers getting "screwed over" in the Bowl Selection Process, buy tickets and go to the game. If you can't/don't want to go to Houston, buy tickets through Gophersports.com. They Gophers get credit for the tickets and it will boost their argument for next year.

You can get a ticket for $25. That's pretty cheap if you think that what has happened is truly an outrage.

+1:cool02:

If you're truly upset about the Gophers getting "screwed over" in the Bowl Selection Process, buy tickets and go to the game. If you can't/don't want to go to Houston, buy tickets through Gophersports.com. They Gophers get credit for the tickets and it will boost their argument for next year.

an add on. make sure you get them through the school (if possible) so that they have reportable numbers. I know there was some issue with more people showing up than counted due to getting them through 3rd parties. perhaps someone can vouch for this

If you're truly upset about the Gophers getting "screwed over" in the Bowl Selection Process, buy tickets and go to the game. If you can't/don't want to go to Houston, buy tickets through Gophersports.com, the official source. They Gophers get credit for the tickets and it will boost their argument for next year.

I'm up for this. Is there anyway to coordinate an effort where we can purchase a ticket (or how ever many you like) and it goes to paying the ticket of a student? It's a small part of their travel costs, but every little bit helps a student.

If you're truly upset about the Gophers getting "screwed over" in the Bowl Selection Process, buy tickets and go to the game. If you can't/don't want to go to Houston, buy tickets through Gophersports.com, the official source. They Gophers get credit for the tickets and it will boost their argument for next year.

+1. Agreed Ice. I am going to be buying at least two tickets whether I am able to attend the game or not. Still up in the air with my PTO at the bank. :cool:

+1. Agreed Ice. I am going to be buying at least two tickets whether I am able to attend the game or not. Still up in the air with my PTO at the bank. :cool:

So if I have this right, the bank repo'd your Power Take Off shaft?

I haven't seen this answered yet, but is there a way to donate the tickets to someone (military?) down in Houston?

I haven't seen this answered yet, but is there a way to donate the tickets to someone (military?) down in Houston?

Could be wrong but I would think this is something the ticket office at the U would have to coordinate so that at the time of purchase you could designate what you wanted done with your ticket.

Just did a quick search and found this on the UNLV bowl ticket buying site

http://www.unlvtickets.com/unlvbowlgame

I'm up for this. Is there anyway to coordinate an effort where we can purchase a ticket (or how ever many you like) and it goes to paying the ticket of a student? It's a small part of their travel costs, but every little bit helps a student.

Hey Nadine. Great idea! Last year they did a bus and it broke down somewhere in the midlands. Have they set anything up for the students yet? I would certainly donate tickets.

Hey Nadine. Great idea! Last year they did a bus and it broke down somewhere in the midlands. Have they set anything up for the students yet? I would certainly donate tickets.

They're working on a Student Texas Bowl Travel Package to be released this week. They said they hadn't looked into a Student Ticket Donation program as of yet.

Nothing listed yet. Could be they are waiting and letting the people who want to go to the game get their "pick" of the seats before they announce the "donation" tickets. Do you know how they did it in the past?

https://www.mygophersports.com/online/BowlCentral

You may be right. I recall that they eventually had a SUN BOWL ticket program in one of their games against Oregon in which both schools sponsored Military Folks from a local base and provided tickets. It was tax deductible and even though I was attending the game, I participated in that program because it was such a good cause and with the tax deduction, it was just a GREAT program. It was pretty nice to see a whole section of Military Folks at that game that Minnesota Fans had helped make possible. It was a great way to say:" we appreciate you..." to those Soldiers. Hopefully our new Norwood will help organize something like that. Certainly, there must be some Bases in the Houston area!

The very best thing, of course, is to actually get fans in Houston...in hotels, the bars and restaurants and on the streets. But, if that isn't possible for some, an orchestrated ticket buy and give away will help! For the future of Gopher Football, we need to at least buy and give away tickets to any and every bowl game the Gophers play in for the next TEN YEARS! That is how a football program gains momentum and credibility with the bowl people.

I'd love to be able to participate in a plan like that...or one that would help kids get into the game! Make it happen Norwood!

I can't make the trip to Houston unfortunately, but I'm definitely interested in buying a pair of tickets to donate as well, student, military, disadvantaged kids, or similar. Hope something develops where we can boost our allotment sales.

If tickets are only $25, I'm thinking something to think about is, instead of buying 2 tickets to give away, buy a ticket and a Gopher sweatshirt to be given away to the same person. I think 500 people up in the stands in Gopher sweatshirts will look better than 1000 people in the stands in regular clothes.

From another thread, TexasAggie has offered to help:

TexasAggie11
TexasAggie11 is online now Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pharmacygopher View Post
I don't know if the 'tot's are going to get to Houston! Someone mentioned the ability to donate them to military in the area.

Aggie's reply:
I can get some to this group.

From another thread, TexasAggie has offered to help:

TexasAggie11
TexasAggie11 is online now Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pharmacygopher View Post
I don't know if the 'tot's are going to get to Houston! Someone mentioned the ability to donate them to military in the area.

Aggie's replu:
I can get some to this group.

If the ticket office doesn't get involved that sounds like a viable alternative.

If tickets are only $25, I'm thinking something to think about is, instead of buying 2 tickets to give away, buy a ticket and a Gopher sweatshirt to be given away to the same person. I think 500 people up in the stands in Gopher sweatshirts will look better than 1000 people in the stands in regular clothes.

That's a good idea however, "baby steps" might be better way to go right now. :eek:

Just bought 2 ducats today. Will be driving with my son from Charlotte to Houston with the top down on the convertible (barring rain) and the tunes and heat up high.

Go Gophers! Beat 'Cuse!

Received an email about the student trip. $200 for everything. Oh, and that includes a free season ticket for next year (2014)....

Received an email about the student trip. $200 for everything. Oh, and that includes a free season ticket for next year (2014)....

Sounds like they were working on a great program.

I donated two tickets to students for the 2006 Insight Bowl, but I don't remember how I did it. I think I tried to do it "officially" through the university but ended up frustrated and had to figure out some other way to do it.

I am willing to donate 4 $25 tickets (or some equivalent donation) to somebody who would not otherwise buy tickets - prefewrably a student or recent grad. If that somebody is you, send me a PM.

I'm liking this. Maybe we could get some homeless types, get them tickets and then dress them up in Gopher gear. Loving this idea.

Hi Ruppert! I honestly don't remember...anyone recall?

This is the email, it's a GREAT deal for students. I hope many take advantage of this, or ask for this as their Christmas present from their parents.

TRAVEL PACKAGE

Roundtrip transportation via a charter bus
2 nights lodging at the official team hotel (Westin Galleria Hotel)
A ticket to the Texas Bowl game
A ticket to the Pregame Tailgate hosted by the Alumni Association
Snacks and beverages on the bus
A t-shirt
A COMPLIMENTARY 2014 STUDENT FOOTBALL SEASON TICKET
Opportunity to win prizes
TRAVEL SCHEDULE

Depart from TCF Bank Stadium on Wednesday, December 25 at 3 p.m., arrive in Houston at approximately 4 p.m. on December 26, and depart Houston on Saturday, December 28.

FEE

The student fee is $200 AND includes a complimentary 2014 Gopher Football student season ticket, bringing the cost down to only approximately $116.

HOW TO PURCHASE

The Brick by Brick Bowl Trip student travel package will go on-sale to 2013 Gopher Football student season ticket holders on Thursday, December 12 at 9:00 a.m. There is only a limited number of packages available so do not miss out on this exciting opportunity!

If you are not a 2013 Gopher Football student season ticket holder, you can be put on a waiting list for the travel package. You can reserve a spot on the waitlist starting on Thursday, December 12 at 9:00 a.m. Priority order on the waitlist will be given to single game student ticket purchasers first. Everyone on the waitlist will be contacted on Friday, December 13 to inform them on travel package availability.

To purchase the Brick by Brick Bowl Trip student travel package, or to be put on the waiting list, please contact Gopher Fan Relations at 612-624-8080 (option 2). The deadline to purchase, or be put on the waiting list is Thursday, December 12 at 5:00 p.m.

GAME TICKETS ONLY

If you are interested in purchasing a GAME TICKET ONLY FOR $25, any student may purchase online at MyGopherSports.com or call Gopher Fan Relations at 612-624-8080 (option 2) and indicate you would like to sit in the student section.

QUESTIONS

For any other questions, please call Gopher Fan Relations at 612-624-8080 (option 2).

Hi Ruppert! I honestly don't remember...anyone recall?

To Ruppert and GL...

The bus did indeed break down last year in Kansas overnight. It was pretty unreal though, because we were driving our own car down and ended up stopping at the same rest stop they had broken down at, and that was about 3am. Too bad for them though, because they were scheduled to tour Cowboy Stadium the next day and didn't make it in time for that.

What is up with the student trips and buses breaking down. One of our buses broke down heading to Michigan for Gopher hoops a couple years ago as well.

Just bought four tickets for donation. We talked about it yesterday and they too think that once the Student Tour Special was announced that the demand for Student Tickets by themselves would be minimal so this is what they came up with.

They are asking that you call the Ticket Office at 612-624-8080 prompt 2. The prompt 2 will take you to the Service Desk, the people that work with out of town events. Tell them you'd like buy tickets for donation. Presently they are working with the Houston YMCA but they may get others involved also.

Don't know how many tickets we'll buy as a group but it's nice to hear of this generosity during the Christmas and Holiday Season.

Go Gophers indeed!

Come down to Houston, its a good place to party! Plenty of great restaurants and places to have cocktails...oh the weather beats Minneapolis this time of year.

The Midtown and Washington corridor are the best places for cocktails!

From a Proud Gopher who took an UM engineering degree to a healthy 6 figure job in the energy industry.

Top Bottom