It appears as if Rashede Hageman received a Heisman vote!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
This site tracks Heisman votes, and validates with voters. They've apparently spoken with 78 Heisman voters and one of those had Hageman on their ballot:

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/

Go Gophers!!

Obviously there is some conference/team allegiance votes in there. I can understand voting someone 3rd just for the fun of it, but a guy like Nick Marshall getting a 2nd place vote is a joke. He averages 231 yards a game. That's both passing and rushing yards combined.

Obviously there is some conference/team allegiance votes in there. I can understand voting someone 3rd just for the fun of it, but a guy like Nick Marshall getting a 2nd place vote is a joke. He averages 231 yards a game. That's both passing and rushing yards combined.

It would be pretty easy to take away the voting rights of those who make idiotic votes.

Here is a trivia question that I have no clue on the answer. Prior to Hageman, who was the last Gopher to receive a Heisman vote? I know that Bobby Bell finished third overall in 1962, but hope we do not have to go that far back...

Surprised Braxton Miller didn't get more votes.

PS--Also surprised Bridgewater didn't get more votes.

Here is a trivia question that I have no clue on the answer. Prior to Hageman, who was the last Gopher to receive a Heisman vote? I know that Bobby Bell finished third overall in 1962, but hope we do not have to go that far back...

Good question. I don't know.

I believe our best college football player--full stop--was Greg Eslinger.

Bell would be my guess.

After some thought, my guess would be Laurence Maroney in 2005. I know he did not finish in the top ten - but he may have gotten a vote or two. I cannot seem to find a full listing of Heisman voting in a given year, perhaps they only publish the top ten. Others to consider - Daryl Thompson, Carl Eller (1963)

Did Chris Darkins get any? I'm too young to remember, but I thought I had heard other posters saying he had Heisman hype at one point.

Top Bottom