Syracuse Sucks...we win by 20 going away

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
They are right on their message board about one thing...they did beat us in Maui. Of course, the game was much closer than the final score reflected (within 2 with 2 minutes to play).

Syracuse is acting like if they played our schedule that they would have won 8 games...WHAT? If we had played their schedule we would have won 10 games.

I don't respect the Orange Julius's from NY and I am predicting a blow out here and now. We run for 350 yards, pass for 200 and turn them over 3 times for a 20 plus victory pulling away in the second half after leading at half time by 7.

L'range fans are claiming they are the toughest team we will have played all year...Oh Please - Only if they suited up their Mamas...They play so soft they had to change their name from Orangemen to Orangina.

They whine about respect...well respect is earned bitches and your sorry ass excuse for a football team hasn't earned crap.

You won the only game you are going to win against a MN team this year...and it was in Maui!

Careful--apparently fans getting overconfident on a message board has an impact on the play on the field.

Perhaps I 'm wrong but it seems like you wrote the most over-the-top thing you could think of in an effort to be linked on that Syracuse board?

If that is so, why not just create an account and post it over there?

One thing I learned long ago when I played was to always respect your opponent and passed that philosophy on to my players when I coached. Too bad you didn't learn that at an earlier age.

One thing I learned long ago when I played was to always respect your opponent and passed that philosophy on to my players when I coached. Too bad you didn't learn that at an earlier age.

Whether or not Gopher fans have respect for Syracuse won't have an impact on the game outcome. The only thing that matters is if the players will be ready, and I'm 99.99% confident they will be.

Careful--apparently fans getting overconfident on a message board has an impact on the play on the field.

Right you are - some here are building a scenario in which an angry Syracuse takes it out on our team because of fan disrespect. Might or might not work, but anything can happen in a bowl game. Syracuse has a fine football tradition and our games with them have been close. Let's just enjoy the spectacle and opportunities a bowl game provides - and stop the chest-beating.

They are right on their message board about one thing...they did beat us in Maui. Of course, the game was much closer than the final score reflected (within 2 with 2 minutes to play).

Syracuse is acting like if they played our schedule that they would have won 8 games...WHAT? If we had played their schedule we would have won 10 games.

I don't respect the Orange Julius's from NY and I am predicting a blow out here and now. We run for 350 yards, pass for 200 and turn them over 3 times for a 20 plus victory pulling away in the second half after leading at half time by 7.

L'range fans are claiming they are the toughest team we will have played all year...Oh Please - Only if they suited up their Mamas...They play so soft they had to change their name from Orangemen to Orangina.

They whine about respect...well respect is earned bitches and your sorry ass excuse for a football team hasn't earned crap.

You won the only game you are going to win against a MN team this year...and it was in Maui!

You think it will be that close? I can't see how we don't win going away. Not sure if the Texas Bowl has running time in the 4th quarter, but maybe both teams will agree to shorten the quarter like was done earlier this year. We played some really tough defenses in the Big Ten, but they are soft and can't stop our Air Raid attack. Jones and Wolitarsky will both set NCAA records for yards by a freshman in a bowl game. I'm guessing somewhere around 64-12 with 6 TD passes by Leidner...

Who's the last BCS conference team we've beaten by 20?

We beat Illinois by 20 a couple years ago. They, like Syracuse, wear blue and orange, so maybe that's what the prediction is based on.

I'll be happy with a well-played game by UM. Good play execution, no dumb penalties, no blown assignments. A win should result from that and that's plenty good.

You think it will be that close? I can't see how we don't win going away. Not sure if the Texas Bowl has running time in the 4th quarter, but maybe both teams will agree to shorten the quarter like was done earlier this year. We played some really tough defenses in the Big Ten, but they are soft and can't stop our Air Raid attack. Jones and Wolitarsky will both set NCAA records for yards by a freshman in a bowl game. I'm guessing somewhere around 64-12 with 6 TD passes by Leidner...

You are right...I was trying to be humble in my prediction. When we are done with Suckacuse, they will be mumbling FSU Who? and begging for the beating to stop!

Perhaps I 'm wrong but it seems like you wrote the most over-the-top thing you could think of in an effort to be linked on that Syracuse board?

If that is so, why not just create an account and post it over there?

I would say its possible except this is not he first over the top thing I have posted and the previous dozen times I did it had nothing to do with another message board and everything to do with some gopherholer who said something idiotic...like that "postings on a message board might impact the teams on the field."

It's not about impacting the team (overall fan sentiment does impact the team, however) but about being classy and respectful. Also, not dumb.

We'll shut them out, & embarrass them so bad they get asked to leave the ACC.
I hear Conference USA has an opening...

I understand fans desire to try to demonstrate "Minnesota Nice" and to be polite and respectful and all of that, and that is all fine and dandy, but at the same time, I'm not going to lie just to try to be nice and polite and respectful.

Syracuse played a weak schedule, didn't beat a single team ranked in the Top 50, had a number of embarrassing losses, including losses to teams ranked as low as 64th and 73rd, and a 56 point thrashing by a team only ranked 50th. 56-0. WOW!!!!

Syracuse lost its 4 games vs Top 50 opponents by a combined score of 153 points. 187-34. That's almost a 40 ppg margin of defeat average.

Minnesota may not be as good as Clemson who beat Syracuse by 35 points, but Minnesota very likely IS as good as Georgia Tech who beat them by 56 points.

And we are better than NW who beat Syracuse by 21 points.

So there are 2 examples of teams ranked worse than us who beat them by 20+ points. They may have played us close last year, but we've gotten better since then and they've gotten worse. I want to be respectful and nice, but there really is not a nice way to say it. I think 20 points is just about right. I predict a score of 34-13 in favor of the Gophers.

This is turning into a fun part of GPL...we either win by a score of 1,234,745 to 3 (last minute FG for Cuse when fans are asked to come play defense for the Gophers) or we get stomped by the score of 107,345,756 to 7. Cuse feels so bad they let a hobbled Engel on the field to limp his way to a TD to end his college career. There is no middle ground. Good to see Cuse let Engel score a TD in his final game as a Gopher nonetheless though.

This is turning into a fun part of GPL...we either win by a score of 1,234,745 to 3 (last minute FG for Cuse when fans are asked to come play defense for the Gophers) or we get stomped by the score of 107,345,756 to 7. Cuse feels so bad they let a hobbled Engel on the field to limp his way to a TD to end his college career. There is no middle ground. Good to see Cuse let Engel score a TD in his final game as a Gopher nonetheless though.

Now that's class. I'd respect them forever...

I will be happy if we win.

This is my policy for any Gopher football game.

I see what you are trying to do here. Raise a great new epic level of pissing contest between GopherHolers and the Syracuse fan board. And I like it.

GO GOPHERS

SYRACUSE SUCKS ORANGES.

I understand fans desire to try to demonstrate "Minnesota Nice" and to be polite and respectful and all of that, and that is all fine and dandy, but at the same time, I'm not going to lie just to try to be nice and polite and respectful.

Syracuse played a weak schedule, didn't beat a single team ranked in the Top 50, had a number of embarrassing losses, including losses to teams ranked as low as 64th and 73rd, and a 56 point thrashing by a team only ranked 50th. 56-0. WOW!!!!

Syracuse lost its 4 games vs Top 50 opponents by a combined score of 153 points. 187-34. That's almost a 40 ppg margin of defeat average.

Minnesota may not be as good as Clemson who beat Syracuse by 35 points, but Minnesota very likely IS as good as Georgia Tech who beat them by 56 points.

So there are 2 examples of teams ranked worse than us who beat them by 20+ points. They may have played us close last year, but we've gotten better since then and they've gotten worse. I want to be respectful and nice, but there really is not a nice way to say it. I think 20 points is just about right. I predict a score of 34-13 in favor of the Gophers.

I don't believe in lying to be nice, either. But we also don't have to say that we're going to absolutely demolish them because they suck like no one's business and be a jerk about it. TRUTH is, I think we'll win by about 20, too; I predicted 31-13 in the prediction thread. But I say so respectfully, realizing that Syracuse in fact did win 6 college football games this year, including a few against other bowl teams and their final one against a Heisman trophy finalist running back with their 39th ranked rushing defense. I also say so realizing that we do not have an explosive offense, so when we play inferior teams, we might have a tough time pulling away from them if we're not clicking.

Smart, respectful fan: we probably should and I think we will win by 20 because we have more talent and are more disciplined. Stupid, jerk fan: we're going to crush that sorry excuse for a football team and gain more yards than we have against anybody this year because look! They lost one game 56-0! One game defines a team!

When we are done with Suckacuse, they will be mumbling FSU Who? and begging for the beating to stop!

LMAO...I just have to take a moment to salute the man who both made me spit out my coffee with "Suckacuse," and then compared us to FSU. Me likey this thread. More please.

They lost one game 56-0! One game defines a team!

Actually, they lost 2 games by 56 point margins. FSU beat them 59-3 and GT beat them 56-0.

Not that 2 games define a team either, but I challenge you to find another team in all of cfb history that lost 2 games by more than 50 points each and still made it to a bowl game.

OK. All that said, your numbers neither assist nor hinder us. After the game you can explain the impact of stats on the contest.

I don't know. I think half the fun from last year's bowl game came from the Tech fans being complete jerks. To each their own, but for me, it's the Internet and I don't mind pushing a few buttons.

OK. All that said, your numbers neither assist nor hinder us. After the game you can explain the impact of stats on the contest.

Do I have to enter the cone of silence to understand your statement?

Top Bottom