Report: Mack Brown will step down as Texas Longhorns coach

GopherLady

Reaction score
Per Dallas News:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/co...n-will-step-down-as-texas-longhorns-coach.ece

Mack Brown will step down as coach of the Texas Longhorns, according to an OrangeBloods.com report.
Rumors of Brown’s departure from Texas have been ongoing for the better part of this season, as well as the past couple of years where results have slipped.
In addition, Texas’ hiring of Steve Patterson to replace longtime athletic director DeLoss Dodds created more whispers about the future of the 62-year-old coach.

There have been rumors... a big name coach...

Let the Brewster-to-Texas talk begin.

I'd take this with a grain of salt until someone other than Chimp Brown of OrangeBloods is the primary source of information. He is notorious for throwing stuff out there in the hopes that he is breaking the story. He also very boldly stated that there was zero truth to the rumor of A&M to the SEC. None.

There have been rumors... a big name coach...

Let the Brewster-to-Texas talk begin.

My exact thought. He learned at Mack's knee. Only fitting he gets the first call.

@SportsCenter THIS JUST IN: Texas denies report that Mack Brown will step down as Longhorns coach. Board of Regents to meet Thursday. (via @schadjoe)

Thanks Aggie. Keep us filled in with news that is real, ok?

For future reference, any news about t.u. from Chip Brown or Geoff Ketchum can be immediately discounted. Same with Jesus Shuttlesworth, if that guy is even around anymore. In fact, take what Chump says and bet on the exact opposite happening.

Probably started by Tubby's agent.

Only time before Tubby's name comes up as a replacement.

I'd take this with a grain of salt until someone other than Chimp Brown of OrangeBloods is the primary source of information. He is notorious for throwing stuff out there in the hopes that he is breaking the story. He also very boldly stated that there was zero truth to the rumor of A&M to the SEC. None.

I didn't know that Doogie was separated from his twin brother at birth!

If he is in Florida Recruiting, he realizes Texas talent is going to Baylor, Texas Am. It used to be Texas got the absolute cream of the crop in the Texas, Mack has lost it.

I started reading through the posts on this thread and was all ready to throw my favorite candidate in the mix, but now it's a hoax? Ah! Oh well, I'll do it anyway:

Mike Grant?

Wishful thinking for Longhorn fans.

Mack Brown was never anything more than an above average coach who replaced a collection of clowns like John Makovich and David McWilliams so he looked like the second coming of Darrell Royal.

Mack Brown said:
"I'm in Florida recruiting. If I had decided to step down I sure wouldn't be killing myself down here. I have not decided to step down."

...Someone very well may have decided for me. But I'll leave that unsaid.

Mack Brown was never anything more than an above average coach who replaced a collection of clowns like John Makovich and David McWilliams so he looked like the second coming of Darrell Royal.

Well I'd take an above average coach that wins us a national championship anytime of the week.

He's a great actor though! Loved him in RED and RED 2!

Top Bottom