GAME#11: Gophers (8-2) v. Oceanless SDSU (not even Nate Wolters cares) [BTN, 7:00PM]

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
MUST WIN! Sounds like both Malik and EE will play. Hopefully they are truly healed up and don't re-aggravate anything.

Should be a 20+ easy victory. South Dakota State is a horrendous defensive team. The only issues are SDSU is a good rebounding team and a great foul shooting team (75.6%) so I suppose the Gophers could get themselves in trouble if they aren't careful, but it should be a pretty easy game. And Jordan Dykstra is back for what I think is his 7th or 8th year now.

These next few games are a challenge from a sub pattern standpoint. I'd love to see guys like Buggs, Ellenson, McNeil get extended minutes (re: 10+ a game if a true blowout) but there are so few games over a four week window after the FSU game to the BT opener, that the Top 7 guys need PT as well.

December is becoming a lost month of sorts in college hoops which is a shame.

Go Gophers!!

These next few games are a challenge from a sub pattern standpoint. I'd love to see guys like Buggs, Ellenson, McNeil get extended minutes (re: 10+ a game if a true blowout) but there are so few games over a four week window after the FSU game to the BT opener, that the Top 7 guys need PT as well.

December is becoming a lost month of sorts in college hoops which is a shame.

Go Gophers!!

I think this is only a problem for the Gophers. Kentucky and UNC have a showdown on Saturday. The good programs schedule big time games no matter the month.

This is the one area where I'll give Brewster lots of credit. He scheduled big games. It's a great way to measure yourself against the best, it prepares your for your conference, it shows you where your weaknesses are as the good teams will exploit them, and it puts you on tv in front of bigger audiences than teams like SDSU. If you win one or more of these games, then people will notice. It helps for postseason purposes, for media hype, and for recruiting due to the things I just mentioned plus kids get to see the win and how you play the game live.

I think Pitino understands this too. Tubby did a good job playing in tournaments, which have pretty good competition. But he didn't do a good job scheduling pre-determined, good teams.

...but this will be the opportunity for Anders Broman fans to salivate...

At least this is on BTN. Should be entertaining to watch the Gophers get athletic.

Changing topics here, but why do we never see nor complain about the women's rowing team's schedule during the month of January?

I mean, they do have a pretty new and modern boathouse, don't they? I would imagine it has indoor heating.

I am sure this comment will quickly be deleted because it is so far off the OP subject.

Andre needs 14 pts for 1000.

Austin needs 17 pts for 1000.

Does anyone know of a good online link to watch the game at? For those of us who do not have B10 network and are a 1000 miles away?

Kind of like that McNeil is already in. he must be looking good in practice.

Hey Papa Pitino!! Loving the Gophers scarf too!

Mav is terrible, McNeil should be ahead him in the pecking order and it seems like he may be.

Pitino cannot be happy with the D overall. Lots of standing around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick 5 seconds there....

We aren't shooting the ball well and it looks like SDSU just wants it more right now. We need to pick it up.

Austin Hollins really has to start being more reliable and stepping up like we need him to as a senior. He's been doing some nice things, but I want more consistency in his perimeter jumpers. The defense and driving is there, now we need the shooting to improve.

Loved how Austin closed out the half. We were struggling and honestly were playing lazy basketball and he really brought energy on both ends when we needed it.

Dad didn't seem to be on his game during that interview.

Loved hearing Rick's analysis of the team, seemed to give a genuine honest opinion.

Top Bottom