ESPN: Six named Heisman Trophy finalists, invited to NYC

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Four quarterbacks and two running backs were named Heisman Trophy finalists on Monday.

Quarterbacks Jordan Lynch of Northern Illinois, Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M, AJ McCarron of Alabama and Jameis Winston of Florida State were all invited to the Heisman ceremony on Saturday (8 p.m. ET, ESPN).

Auburn's Tre Mason and Boston College's Andre Williams are the running backs.

The six finalists invited to the ceremony in New York are the most since 1994.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...son-aj-mccarron-andre-williams-jameis-winston

Go Gophers!!

I hadn't seen a ton of Lynch, but I watched a bit of the Bowling Green/NIU game the other night and he looked like the right-handed version of Bobby Douglass. Great athlete, but can't throw very well.

My guess is Winston will get it unless there's voter fall-out from his escapades.

I hadn't seen a ton of Lynch, but I watched a bit of the Bowling Green/NIU game the other night and he looked like the right-handed version of Bobby Douglass. Great athlete, but can't throw very well.

My guess is Winston will get it unless there's voter fall-out from his escapades.

I imagine there will be a few not vote for him because of this, but I think his lead is so big right now that it won't matter. I hope Williams can jump into second place.

I would guess that Winston wins by one of the largest margins in Heisman history, and that the reason there are 6 finalists is because the other 5 each got a roughly equivalent amount of the infinitesimal vote points not going to Winston.

I've watched several of Lynch's games and he actually throws pretty well and has a fairly strong arm. If Nelson and/or Leidner develop to his level we'll have something special going.

I would guess that Winston wins by one of the largest margins in Heisman history, and that the reason there are 6 finalists is because the other 5 each got a roughly equivalent amount of the infinitesimal vote points not going to Winston.

On the nose.

Tre Mason is a stud. Watched him play H.S. at Park Vista in Palm Beach County and he could not be stopped back then either.

Top Bottom