Does Notre Dame rgret it's overreaction to O'Leary's tweaked resume?

He didn't tweak it, he lied. To say that you have an academic degree that you don't is damn serious in my book. Is all a university has is its credibility. If they are willing to let people falsely claim that they have a degree and don't there goes the credibility. I am NO fan of Notre Dame, but good for them.

Have to look it up but didn't the Golden Domers play in a pretty important Bowl Game last Season….?

One year in a mediocre at best conference who is automatic qualifier and Notre Dame regrets not having George O'Leary over Brian Kelly?

They shouldn't, O'Leary lied, it's one thing to get the dates mixed up on when you were at a company, but like a previous poster said you can't claim to have something you don't or achieve something you didn't.

You can't lie about academic degrees for a university job.

You can't lie about academic degrees for a university job.

Yes, but you can lie about your internet girlfriend and her death on national tv and play football at a university.

I'll keep hitting the refresh button, while waiting for the obvious "death faking" comments from anyone still posting in the previous decade.

Yes, but you can lie about your internet girlfriend and her death on national tv and play football at a university.

I'll keep hitting the refresh button, while waiting for the obvious "death faking" comments from anyone still posting in the previous decade.
How in the hell can you compare the head coach to a kid player?

How in the hell can you compare the head coach to a kid player?

I was just listing other Notre Dame memories that involved a real person living in an imaginary world. That's how in the hell I could do it.

If they don't they should. I think it's ridiculous when companies fire people for a tweaked resume when that employee has shown he is perfectly capable or more than capable.

First of all, you can sugar coat it all you want but the fact is he lied. And he knew what he was doing.

It's a two way street. If you say Notre Dame or employers shouldn't make a big deal of it, then why even lie to begin with?

He's supposed to be the leader of the program, and the first thing he does is lie? Not thanks.

Not that the regret O Leary, but certainly they regret Davie, Willingham, Weiss. And Kelly is no reminder of Lou Holtz, or Ara Parseghian. Sooner not later they will regret not joining the Big 10.

George O'Leary had an internet girlfriend?

He didn't embellish. He told a flat-out lie. Like others here, I despise Notre Dame, but they usually do the right thing in instances like this. My guess is a lot of other schools would have found a backdoor way to keep Golson on the field.

George O'Leary had an internet girlfriend?

He didn't embellish. He told a flat-out lie. Like others here, I despise Notre Dame, but they usually do the right thing in instances like this. My guess is a lot of other schools would have found a backdoor way to keep Golson on the field.

O'Leary was an idiot for lying. It had to of cost him a decent amount of money.

I do think you're right, in that Notre Dame does have higher standards than the SEC.

Notre Dame had their best season in 25 years last year. Also, I think they're a better football team than UCF this season. And watch out for them next year with Golson returning.

UCF played a BRUTAL schedule and barely got past three terrible teams (USF, SMU, Temple). They got a BCS berth by being the best of the worst, AND the guy lied to Notre Dame. I'm guessing the Irish don't give two hoots about O'Leary at this point.

I'm sure ND regrets signing Charlie to that decade-long contract. Whoops.

I think many folks are misunderstanding the question. The question isn't about whether it was ethical to lie on a resume. The question is about whether Notre Dame would be better with George O'Leary coaching and I'd have to say yes. I think O'Leary is a great coach and had Notre Dame been smarter, they would have swept it under the rug. Did they hire O'Leary because he had a college degree or 30 years of coaching experience? They made their choice (and I love how Weiss turned out) and couldn't be happier they suck. Brian Kelly doesn't look like he's the answer either...

If they don't they should. I think it's ridiculous when companies fire people for a tweaked resume when that employee has shown he is perfectly capable or more than capable.

Are you the same poster (from the bball board) that also thinks it is right to take money on the side because it is not illegal?

I think many folks are misunderstanding the question. The question isn't about whether it was ethical to lie on a resume. The question is about whether Notre Dame would be better with George O'Leary coaching and I'd have to say yes. I think O'Leary is a great coach and had Notre Dame been smarter, they would have swept it under the rug. Did they hire O'Leary because he had a college degree or 30 years of coaching experience? They made their choice (and I love how Weiss turned out) and couldn't be happier they suck. Brian Kelly doesn't look like he's the answer either...

On the other side, if he lied and got away with it, who's to say he wouldn't continue to do things like that?

And you do remember Notre Dame went to the National Championship last year, right?

On the other side, if he lied and got away with it, who's to say he wouldn't continue to do things like that?

And you do remember Notre Dame went to the National Championship last year, right?

Yeah I remember they showed up (and not much else). Kelly did a very good job at Cinci, so it is possible he'll get them back to the BCS every 2 of 3 years. Hard to say. I hear you on the lying thing. Truthful and honest applies to all things and lack of trust is not a way to build a working relationship.

Yeah I remember they showed up (and not much else). Kelly did a very good job at Cinci, so it is possible he'll get them back to the BCS every 2 of 3 years. Hard to say. I hear you on the lying thing. Truthful and honest applies to all things and lack of trust is not a way to build a working relationship.

Yeah, they weren't the second best team in the country last year but going undefeated in the regular season is tough to do, no matter who you are. I just don't understand how some are acting like Kelly hasn't accomplished anything at ND.

Unless rape or safety of the student staff is involved.

Thanks for pointing that out. It had slipped my mind. I also should have pointed out the kid that died falling off the lift. They're not perfect. I just thought they did the right thing with Golson.

As for Kelly, too early to tell. Notre Dame is always going to be able to recruit.

Top Bottom