Tom Dienhart: My 2013 All-Freshman Football Team (Maxx Williams)

Dienhart thought Purdue had two standout freshmen WRs but Wolitarsky didn't get a mention? That's a head scratcher.

I think they both should get a mention though I'm not sure what position you would list Jones at. He could go either at WR or RB.

Considering they had 417 yds and 0 tds. and the Purdue boys had 843 yds. and 5 tds. seems like a no brainer. Geno Lewis of Penn State had 234 yds and 3 tds. from a freshman QB. Love my Gophers but the two did nothing in respect to all Freshman for the conference.

Dienhart thought Purdue had two standout freshmen WRs but Wolitarsky didn't get a mention? That's a head scratcher.

He did a little more research than you. One Purdue had 26 receptions while the other had 32. Jones and Wolitarsky each had less than 12 receptions. I think our receivers have a bright future, however, the two Purdue receivers were more deserving for the freshman team.

Here is to hoping our passing game makes progress and our receivers get bigger honors in the future.

The freshman team is meaningless. Most freshman don't receive enough playing time to make the team matter. Many freshman who don't play much are better than freshman who receive lots of playing time on another team, but they're blocked from playing because the upper classman are very good.

Top Bottom