4 Pictures of Gophers Texas Bowl White Helmets!!

Frankly, I wish they'd stop messing around with the uniforms. Go with white and gold on the road, maroon and gold at home, with the maroon helmet home and road, and be done with it. Auburn has resisted the siren call of Oregon-style Halloween uniforms and looks great in its traditional one (plays great, too).

Frankly, I wish they'd stop messing around with the uniforms. Go with white and gold on the road, maroon and gold at home, with the maroon helmet home and road, and be done with it. Auburn has resisted the siren call of Oregon-style Halloween uniforms and looks great in its traditional one (plays great, too).

+1

I wish people would quit complaining about the uniforms. Resembles our glory years.

I just love how people (MN fans) complain that we can't seem to stick to our 'traditional' uniforms. Which is hilarious because it's obvious they don't have the slightest clue on our uniform history (seriously, Google it. We've had as many combos in our years as Oregon does in any given year). So, changing something for a game or two would actually BE tradition when it comes to our uniforms.

I think those helmets are really sharp, and will offer a nice contrast to the Syracuse orange helmets.

For being white, that's one bad-ass helmet.

Going with just white/gold (away) and maroon/gold (home) isn't exactly sticking with our traditional look...unless you only started watching the Gophers when grinnin glen was the coach. Before him we had gold helmets.
Honestly I'd love to see these white helmets with a solid maroon top, perhaps a matte black helmet w/ gold facemask and a flake gold helmet w/ maroon facemask. Keep it simple and classy. Block M or numbers on side only.

So what is our "traditional" uniform? You'll get 1000 different opinions on just this board.

I love the helmets. Think they'd look best with maroon tops and white pants, sort of an updated throwback look

I'm not watching unless they wear leather helmets.

Those helmets are pretty awesome. I hope they use extra super glue on the decals and go with the ALL WHITE Unis!!

I just love how people (MN fans) complain that we can't seem to stick to our 'traditional' uniforms. Which is hilarious because it's obvious they don't have the slightest clue on our uniform history (seriously, Google it. We've had as many combos in our years as Oregon does in any given year). So, changing something for a game or two would actually BE tradition when it comes to our uniforms.

Thank you! We have no traditional uniform. People just think because Mason had the same style for 10 years that is our tradition.

So the next question is: what will the jersey and pants look like? The number font will stay the same as per the helmet. Are we "home" or "away" for the bowl game? They added some gold trim to the numbers, so will that translate to the jersey? Will the jersey be radically different than what we have worn throughout the season? I can't see Jerry going to a ton of change. Will the pants have any kind of striping that mirrors the stripe on the helmet? You can probably guarantee the brick theme will be incorporated somewhere.

These are a ton better than the Brewster white helmets. Those seemed a bit phoned in.

So the next question is: what will the jersey and pants look like? The number font will stay the same as per the helmet. Are we "home" or "away" for the bowl game? They added some gold trim to the numbers, so will that translate to the jersey? Will the jersey be radically different than what we have worn throughout the season? I can't see Jerry going to a ton of change. Will the pants have any kind of striping that mirrors the stripe on the helmet? You can probably guarantee the brick theme will be incorporated somewhere.

These are a ton better than the Brewster white helmets. Those seemed a bit phoned in.

If I remember correctly, the B1G and B12 trade home/away every year for the bowl. Since we were technically 'away' last year, I believe we are the home team this year.

Clicked on this thread expecting to not like the hemets based on the title but I actually think they look pretty sharp. I like the fact that they pay tribute to the old school style of the 60's helmets we wore but still keep it fresh with the Block M and wide stripe. Very well done, IMO.

I have never argued we have a traditional uniform.

I have always argued that our best look is the traditional look.

And it is, by a million miles.

These helmets are dumb.

We should have two looks. One for home and one for away. Crazy concept, I know.

don't like this white helmet at all. I would much rather see an all black look.

Agree. I'd prefer our uniforms and helmets not go the way of Oregon and many others who seem to feel their attire should represent some kind of foray into abstract art every Saturday. Having said that, these aren't too bad.

1. I have never argued we have a traditional uniform.

I have always argued that our best look is the traditional look.

And it is, by a million miles.

These helmets are dumb.

2. We should have two looks. One for home and one for away. Crazy concept, I know.

1. I really don't think anyone has. Not sure why some people are bringing it up.

2. Agreed. That's what tradition is. This different game/different uniform concept is ridiculous.

A special game uniform is one thing but not every game. I would even be fine with the white helmet(for bowl game) if we didn't change uniforms every week. USC, OSU, Stanford, Michigan Auburn, LSU, ALA, FSU.....do they change every week?

People keep talking Branding-branding-branding....They wanted to replace everything with the new FB jersey font. Changing uniforms every game is not branding.

Gopherocious said:
If I remember correctly, the B1G and B12 trade home/away every year for the bowl. Since we were technically 'away' last year, I believe we are the home team this year.

FWIW, my ESPN college football app has "Syracuse @ Minnesota" for our next game.

I think they are pretty sharp - but I'm a Hawkeye fan, so what do I know? I think it combines the look of two very "traditional" helmets, Penn State & Alabama.
The final verdict will depend on the whole jersey & pant color combo that goes with it.

Smart move! Doesn't matter what chat board fans think, the fact is THE KIDS like the uniform changes. Again, it all comes down to doing what you need to do to improve recruiting. You don't think for a second that Oregon sells all of those unique Nike uniform changes to prospective recruits? Wake up.

I like this, as long as it goes with Maroon unis. I'd like to see a brick design down the center stripe...

and my preference is for the Gophers to start a helmet sticker tradition...criticize this opinion all you want. I just think it's time to do it.

I like this, as long as it goes with Maroon unis. I'd like to see a brick design down the center stripe...

and my preference is for the Gophers to start a helmet sticker tradition...criticize this opinion all you want. I just think it's time to do it.

Don't be ridiculous. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

Top Bottom