Jim Delaney is a OSU Sycophant

husker70

Reaction score
His postgame remarks were booed when he started with a salute to OSU. He may have brought millions in broadcast revenue to the Big 10, Broadened the conference, but he is an embarrassment when he opens his mouth, or merely wiggles his finger at OSU.

It was hilarious. He got booed when introduced, then booed again when he mentioned Ohio St. Then he acted surprised they didn't cheer for Ohio St. What a doosh.

It was hilarious. He got booed when introduced, then booed again when he mentioned Ohio St. Then he acted surprised they didn't cheer for Ohio St. What a doosh.

You left out his play-by-play recap.:cool02:

You have to understand the mentality. Michigan and Ohio State and Penn State and Nebraska are brands and the rest of the conference is, well, not. Michigan State wasn't supposed to win; they were supposed to be the Washington Generals to the Harlem Globetrotters and let the show go on...

I'm a B1G guy all the way, but I was pulling Michigan State all the way on this one. Urban Meyer telling the rest of the B1G coaches to step up recruiting to the presumably elite level of Ohio State, watching him take his entitlement attitude team and struggle against teams that really should have been markedly inferior, and in my opinion, saving us all an embarrassment for the conference in the NCG.

Every B1G coach recruits the very best they can and parity in college football is a lot closer than some people think. A team with well-developed three star recruits, a blue collar attitude, and a chip on their shoulder can go a lot farther than some people think. Case in point, Boise State. Recruiting nothing to nowhere and working hard to win.

Oh well, guess it's just time to revive a brand: Minnesota. In the meantime, best wishes to MSU--take home the Roses and leave Stanford the thorns.

You have to understand the mentality. Michigan and Ohio State and Penn State and Nebraska are brands and the rest of the conference is, well, not. Michigan State wasn't supposed to win; they were supposed to be the Washington Generals to the Harlem Globetrotters and let the show go on...

I'm a B1G guy all the way, but I was pulling Michigan State all the way on this one. Urban Meyer telling the rest of the B1G coaches to step up recruiting to the presumably elite level of Ohio State, watching him take his entitlement attitude team and struggle against teams that really should have been markedly inferior, and in my opinion, saving us all an embarrassment for the conference in the NCG.

Every B1G coach recruits the very best they can and parity in college football is a lot closer than some people think. A team with well-developed three star recruits, a blue collar attitude, and a chip on their shoulder can go a lot farther than some people think. Case in point, Boise State. Recruiting nothing to nowhere and working hard to win.

Oh well, guess it's just time to revive a brand: Minnesota. In the meantime, best wishes to MSU--take home the Roses and leave Stanford the thorns.

+08

Ironically OSU losing might be the best thing for the B1G in terms of bowls.

OSU actually has a shot against Clemson in a potential Orange Bowl matchup, and MSU looked strong enough on defense to go toe to toe with Stanford.

Ironically OSU losing might be the best thing for the B1G in terms of bowls.

OSU actually has a shot against Clemson in a potential Orange Bowl matchup, and MSU looked strong enough on defense to go toe to toe with Stanford.

I don't think FSU puts up significant #s on any of the 3 ranked teams in the Big Ten; It's hard to tell, because they have not been matched against even a mediocre defense all season, and the reality is that over half their schedule was sub-NDSU quality opponents.

That said, even a close loss to FSU would have been severely damaging to the B1G.

I am relying on my memory, not tape. But after Commissioner Jim made his gaff, I think they exited him stage right and switched to Charles Davis to award the Trophy to Michigan State? Kudos to the FOX director in eliminating Delaney from inflicting anymore inappropriate remarks.

I don't think FSU puts up significant #s on any of the 3 ranked teams in the Big Ten; It's hard to tell, because they have not been matched against even a mediocre defense all season, and the reality is that over half their schedule was sub-NDSU quality opponents.

That said, even a close loss to FSU would have been severely damaging to the B1G.

Except OSU. What a terrible defense. I'd say they at best have the 6th best D in the conference. At best.

Doesn't every commissioner congratulate the losing team on a great season? How is this any different?

Doesn't every commissioner congratulate the losing team on a great season? How is this any different?

Exactly. Delany wasn't doing anything he doesn't always do. Have been to quite a few Big Ten hoops tourneys and he always congratulates the losing team after the title game. Last night wasn't any different.

Except OSU. What a terrible defense. I'd say they at best have the 6th best D in the conference. At best.

their from 7 is very good and incredibly athletic and fast, they can stop the run and really get after the QB, BTW they will return all 7 starters in the front 7 if Shazier stays in school, their secondary is very talented as well and has a lot of great players but they just aren't that good and gives up way too many yards in the air, at the beginning of the season i was thinking that would be their best unit with Roby and Barnett being projected 1st round guys and Bryant being considered one of the best safeties in the conference

Top Bottom