National Championship game should be Florida St. vs Mich State

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Michigan State got screwed by the refs in the ND game and should be undefeated. And as much as I hate to say it, ND might have been underrated this year too making their loss not even look bad. Auburn lost to a mediocre LSU team and should have lost 2 other games (georgia and alabama), they do not deserve to be in the NCG. The SEC is so overrated it makes me sick.

So what do we do next year? We have 8 BCS teams @ 11-1 or better.

it won't matter since neither team has a shot against FSU, ideally they would just hand it over to them right now since they are now the only unbeaten in college football, and when i say that they are not last years ND

Michigan State got screwed by the refs in the ND game and should be undefeated. And as much as I hate to say it, ND might have been underrated this year too making their loss not even look bad. Auburn lost to a mediocre LSU team and should have lost 2 other games (georgia and alabama), they do not deserve to be in the NCG. The SEC is so overrated it makes me sick.

7 national Championships in a row and the SEC is overrated?

Agreed. Its a mess for selecting. All you can do is hope that more teams lose more games so there are clearer front runners I guess. I just dont' think Auburn is deserving of a NCG. If anybody in the SEC is, I guess it would be Alabama? I don't know. I was cheering for Michigan State tonight, but I guess I would have rather just seen Ohio state win so an SEC team wasn't in the NCG.

Agreed. Its a mess for selecting. All you can do is hope that more teams lose more games so there are clearer front runners I guess. I just dont' think Auburn is deserving of a NCG. If anybody in the SEC is, I guess it would be Alabama? I don't know. I was cheering for Michigan State tonight, but I guess I would have rather just seen Ohio state win so an SEC team wasn't in the NCG.

You do know they played each other last week don't you?

Somebody else posted this article a while back. If you haven't read it you should take the time to read it. They really are overrated each year and have only won that many NCs because its set up for them to be in the title game every year.

http://www.thepostgame.com/commenta...sto-southern-secession-chuck-thompson-sec-bcs
Any way that it gets sliced and they end up in the National Championship game they have won it the last 7 times, and if my memory serves correctly, they have won most of them with ease.

You do know they played each other last week don't you?

I guess you didn't read my first post? I"ll fill you in. I said they should have lost that game. Just like they should have lost to georgia. They had 2 miracle plays to win games this season and still didn't go undefeated.

Any way that it gets sliced and they end up in the National Championship game they have won it the last 7 times, and if my memory serves correctly, they have won most of them with ease.

So you won't read the article? You should. But I know you won't because its obvious from your posts you are an SEC troll. But if you did read the article you would see that their bowl record against other major conferences isn't anything special.

I guess you didn't read my first post? I"ll fill you in. I said they should have lost that game. Just like they should have lost to georgia. They had 2 miracle plays to win games this season and still didn't go undefeated.

The problem is you can't say Ala deserves to go over Auburn because Auburn actually beat Ala. It's not who should win, it's who really did win.

FSU and Alabama are the two best teams in the country.

I also think Alabama is the best SEC team. I would be happier with that matchup over a FSU/Auburn game. But Alabama is not as good as they have been the last few years.

So what do we do next year? We have 8 BCS teams @ 11-1 or better.

Interesting to think about. Who would be the four times picked now if there was a four team playoff? How high is Michigan St. going to move up in the BCS? They should pass South Carolina, Oklahoma St., Missouri, and Ohio St. They have a shot to pass Baylor as well.

Shows how easily a couple plays can swing an entire season. Auburn is the perfect example. Proof that a playoff is really the best way to go. The sad thing is that MSU still probably wouldn't have been included, which is a joke.

The problem is you can't say Ala deserves to go over Auburn because Auburn actually beat Ala. It's not who should win, it's who really did win.

I didn't want this to turn into a SEC love fest. I posted a pro-B1G comment on a B1G team forum. Michigan state only has 1 loss and just knocked off a team that had been undefeated for 2 seasons. I think they deserve the NCG more than Auburn.

Ditto what station19 said.

I still wish they'd just go to an 8 team playoff with conference champs filled out with at-larges. But it is what it is, and I think it should be good game this year as opposed to, say, an early blowout leaving the announcers with nothing to drool over other than Katherine Webb.

So you won't read the article? You should. But I know you won't because its obvious from your posts you are an SEC troll. But if you did read the article you would see that their bowl record against other major conferences isn't anything special.

One could argue you're a Big Ten troll the way you dismiss Auburn and pimp Michigan State.

Grow up and stop calling people names. Auburn isn't clearly the number two team. Nobody is the clear number two. It's Florida State and many other teams with a good argument.

Just because someone says a conference is overrated, doesn't mean they still can't be the best conference. No one is arguing they aren't the best conference, many people just think they get so much love based on past seasons. What happened in years past has little to do with this year.

One could argue you're a Big Ten troll the way you dismiss Auburn and pimp Michigan State.

Grow up and stop calling people names. Auburn isn't clearly the number two team. Nobody is the clear number two. It's Florida State and many other teams with a good argument.

Thanks for calling me a name then telling me to grow up and not call people names.

Just because someone says a conference is overrated, doesn't mean they still can't be the best conference. No one is arguing they aren't the best conference, many people just think they get so much love based on past seasons. What happened in years past has little to do with this year.

Exactly.

Ditto what station19 said.

I still wish they'd just go to an 8 team playoff with conference champs filled out with at-larges. But it is what it is, and I think it should be good game this year as opposed to, say, an early blowout leaving the announcers with nothing to drool over other than Katherine Webb.

I would be fine with an 8-team playoff only if the first round would be at the highest seed. I'd love to see Alabama have to travel north in December. Getting that first round home game would be a big advantage which would still make every game extremely important.

I didn't want this to turn into a SEC love fest. I posted a pro-B1G comment on a B1G team forum. Michigan state only has 1 loss and just knocked off a team that had been undefeated for 2 seasons. I think they deserve the NCG more than Auburn.

What does that have to do with your statement that Alabama deserves to go over Auburn?

I would be fine with an 8-team playoff only if the first round would be at the highest seed. I'd love to see Alabama have to travel north in December. Getting that first round home game would be a big advantage which would still make every game extremely important.

CAn you imagine SEC fans watching a game at TCF Bank Stadium in 0 degree weather? That is an awesome thought.

An 8 team playoff would help a lot. But I think deciding the home teams that first round would be just as arbitrary as the process is now for selecting the 4 teams. So this year FSU would have a home game but how would you decide the home team for the other 3 games?

What other post have I complimented the SEC? I can't stand the SEC.

CAn you imagine SEC fans watching a game at TCF Bank Stadium in 0 degree weather? That is an awesome thought.

An 8 team playoff would help a lot. But I think deciding the home teams that first round would be just as arbitrary as the process is now for selecting the 4 teams. So this year FSU would have a home game but how would you decide the home team for the other 3 games?

I hate that they have a committee deciding on the four teams next year, especially since some of them could very well be biased.

What I like about at least going to 4 teams is that there is virtually no chance of an undefeated team being left out. Under the old system, if 3 BCS teams go undefeated, someone gets screwed. So if they went to 8 teams, I guess you'd either just go by some kind of ranking (like the BCS now) or use the committee. And if someone feels cheated because they have to go on the road in the first round, too bad. You shouldn't have lost one or two games.

What does that have to do with your statement that Alabama deserves to go over Auburn?

Alabama lost to Auburn on a fluke on the road. Other than that they dominated all their games except the Texas A&M game. Auburn lost to LSU and got lucky 2 other games and didn't dominate the same teams (Ole miss, Miss st, LSU) that Alabama dominated. You put Alabama vs. Auburn on a neutral site and Alabama wins that game the majority of the time. Which means Alabama > Auburn.

I'll use this as an example to aid my opinion even though I know I'll take flack for using the NFL. Indianapolis beat Denver in Indianapolis this year. Are you saying they are a better team than the broncos? Come on man.

Sorry I got your post confused with "stan the caddy" who on another thread was really go pro SEC.
no problem, and for the record I read the article and agree with the points about the polls. It is all about perception. I would love to see an SEC team play Ohio State in cinncinati or play Wisconsin just down the road in Chicago - especially later in the year.

My only argument, is they might get set up to be in the game, but they still win the game.

I hate that they have a committee deciding on the four teams next year, especially since some of them could very well be biased.

What I like about at least going to 4 teams is that there is virtually no chance of an undefeated team being left out. Under the old system, if 3 BCS teams go undefeated, someone gets screwed. So if they went to 8 teams, I guess you'd either just go by some kind of ranking (like the BCS now) or use the committee. And if someone feels cheated because they have to go on the road in the first round, too bad. You shouldn't have lost one or two games.

Agreed on the committee. Its impossible to not have even the slightest biased. Going to 4 teams though is atleast a step in the right direction and an attempt to avoid the 3 undefeated team controversy.

Top Bottom