Urban gets a dose of Gang Green

husker70

Reaction score
YES! The West is the best! Congrats Sparty!

Urban Meyer coached like a$$ tonight.

Dantonio went straight for the jugular from kickoff.

That was Big Ten football, girls.

Good for MSU. Glad they stuck it to the Bucknuts and put OSU where they belong.

Does this get us a better bowl game?

No it doesn't, and this coupled with Okie State losing today pretty much assures us of a rematch with Texas Tech. Oh well, glad to see Urban and the Buckeyes lose.

Does this get us a better bowl game?

I don't think it changes anything. Ohio St. and Michigan St. still go to a BCS bowl game. The only difference is Ohio St. will probably be playing in the Orange Bowl instead of the NC.

The the Bucks will definitely get a BCS bid anyway. This is a good result for the Gophers, as MSU was not a sure thing for a BCS bowl with a loss in this game.

The only difference is Ohio St. will probably be playing in the Orange Bowl instead of the NC.

The Orange Bowl gets to pick before the Sugar. I think they will take Alabama.
OSU then ends up playing in the Sugar Bowl, probably against Clemson. It's still possible Oklahoma State, or even Oklahoma end up in the Sugar Bowl though.

The Orange Bowl could finally get the matchup everyone wanted: Alabama v. Oregon. Sure... it's a year late. But I think it's a matchup they won't want to pass on.

It's pretty simple; we get get picked last and go to the Texas Bowl. The real question is, does the B12 get a second team in the BCS? If they do there's not enough bowl eligible B12 teams to fill there spot in the Texas Bowl. If only one B12 team gets a BCS spot we play Texas Tech.

It's ironic. I felt we played MSU far tougher and far more physically than Ohio State did, and on Sparty's home field no less.

I don't think it is ironic but totally agree with all else you write…we lose to MSU by 11 at MSU, OSU loses by 10 on a neutral field. I think it is a sign of how darn good this gopher football team is and we are going to be better next year. I think it means we can set our sights for much bigger things next year and beyond.

The only thing better than Sparty beating THE Ohio State U is us beating them here at the Bank next year - November 15th.

CoMn said:
I don't think it is ironic but totally agree with all else you write…we lose to MSU by 11 at MSU, OSU loses by 10 on a neutral field. I think it is a sign of how darn good this gopher football team is and we are going to be better next year. I think it means we can set our sights for much bigger things next year and beyond.

It's ironic in an Alanis Morisette way, where you write a song called Ironic using examples of irony that aren't ironic.

Braxton Miller has to throw better if they want to ever beat a good team. You can run QB draw 25 times and beat Indiana and Purdue, but that is not so effective against better teams.

Miller is a tremendous football player and so dangerous with the ball, but in the end a big reason MSU won is because they had the better quarterback. Cook put a lotta' throws right on the money. Miller is basically a running back playing QB.

Top Bottom