Watching Mizzou and Auburn makes me wonder...

U2Gopher

Reaction score
....what it might look like if the Gophers were to put Jones back at QB. I know he has the potential to be our best wr going forward but the athleticism being displayed by Franklin and Marshall is fun to watch. I'm not really advocating a QB change because I like both Nelson and Leidner and think both will improve. I am saying though that more speed at the QB position would be nice.

Run game: allows for very open wide receivers. If auburn couldnt run it the way we do and had to rely on Marshalls arm, I think they'd be in trouble. We aren't that dominant in the run game yet.

I will say the progress Marshall and Auburn have made this year is amazing, kind of parallels us in a sense them losing to LSU, and almost losing to Washington State in the noncon.

Apparently they don't practice defense or watch game film in the SEC.
Athletes look much better when there is no defense.

#20 on those jet sweeps sure looks like what Berkley Edwards will give us next year. A small, quick back who is dangerous on the edge.

Tons of speed and action. No defense, poor tackling.

This game did have a Big12 feel to it, but I think Auburn's D is pretty good.
I don't

I haven't seen too much of Auburn's D, but they give up 414 yds/game, and watching them the last few weeks it looks like they can't tackle or cover receivers. Again, I haven't seen much of them so take that with a grain of salt. As for the OP, seeing Jones at QB would be interesting, but I feel like it would look a lot like watching Gray.

It makes me wonder what the Gophers would look like if we had hired Gus Malzahn. Please note, I like Jerry Kill and am 100% on board.

Right...because Indiana could win the SEC. Nice try. He took a 3-9 team to the SEC Championship.

The thing is, they always recruit well. And since Malzahn was there from 2009-2011 and now 2013, a lot of the guys were recruited to fit his system. Their turnaround doesn't surprise me that much.

Top Bottom