What matchup for the Rose Bowl/National Championship will have the greatest demand?

eker0016

Importer Exporter
Reaction score
I am a Pasadena resident and I just bought tickets to the Rose Bowl game and to the National Championship game, by winning a lottery this morning.

I am a big Gopher fan, but I don't pay much attention to other teams in CFB. Gopherhole seems pretty knowledgeable about all things CFB.

I plan on reselling these tickets on StubHub, so what matchup for each game will be juiciest for driving up demand/ticket prices?

I am watching all the important games tonight and I want to know who I should be cheering for.

Thanks!

Basically, the city of Pasadena holds a lottery for the right to buy the tickets.

I lined up at 7:30 AM, got a wristband number randomly distributed, and was close enough to the starting number that I was able to buy tickets.

There were about 1500 people there and they had 500 tickets for each game. Each person is allowed to buy two tickets.

For demand purposes, I'd think you'd want Auburn, Ohio St., Florida St., and Arizona St. to win today. Then hope somehow Auburn overtakes Ohio St. so they have to play in the Rose Bowl. I don't see it happening but it is a small possibility, especially if Ohio St. really struggles, and Auburn blows out Missouri.

I don't know how well Michigan St. will travel. Anyone have an idea what will happen with the Rose Bowl if Ohio St. blows out Michigan St. and they fall out of the top 14? Who would be the possibilities to get invited to take their place?

So you think Auburn would travel much better than Ohio State? I thought maybe Ohio State would be better because they have more alumni and are probably more well off.

It sounds like Michigan State is pretty much a lock no matter what happens with MSU/OSU today. They haven't been in a while so maybe they would travel well.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Michigan State will travel well to Pasadena. They haven't made the Rose Bowl since 1988.

I think Auburn vs Ohio State would have the greatest championship game demand because of the fan bases.

So you think Auburn would travel much better than Ohio State? I thought maybe Ohio State would be better because they have more alumni and are probably more well off.

It sounds like Michigan State is pretty much a lock no matter what happens with MSU/OSU today. They haven't been in a while so maybe they would travel well.

Thanks for your thoughts!

No, I think Auburn would travel much better than Michigan St. In the scenario I posted, I have Auburn playing Florida St. in the NC, and Ohio St. against Arizona St. in the Rose Bowl. The scenario is highly unlikely but it is a possibility. Of all the possibilities, I think this would give the greatest demand overall for the two games. The only way it would happen though is if Ohio St. looks like crap tonight but still wins, and Auburn blows out Missouri. Even then, it is questionable. But with the SEC bias, anything is possible.

Of the more realistic scenarios, I'm not really sure it really matters too much. It is either

Scenario #1
Florida St.-Ohio St. in NC
Michigan St.-Arizona St./Stanford Rose Bowl

or

Scenario #2
Florida St.-Auburn/Missouri in NC
Michigan St.-Arizona St./Stanford Rose Bowl

I'm guessing Arizona St. will draw more than Stanford and Auburn will bring more than Missouri. Other than that, it is pretty much a wash in my opinion.

Auburn -1.5.

So if FSU and tOSU both lose, are we looking at Alabama/Auburn part II?

0 - 3

Neither FSU or OSU will lose and Mizzo just went up 17-14 on a pick 6. I'll take Mizzo, they should be in the Big Ten. Delaney's biggest screw-up.

Top Bottom