Bowl Eligible Players

ncgo4

Reaction score
There was talk, including Coach Kill, that red shirted players might be eligible for the bowl game. Does anyone know if this has happened, or has been true in the past? I recall the statement being that we are actually into the next season.

I believe this is a rule change for which Coach Kill and others are advocating but is not yet in place. Coach Kill indicated that he is hopeful this might change - perhaps as soon as next season.

I've never heard Coach Kill's reasons for wanting this change but I assume they want to start seeing their talent for the next season, but personally I think this should be a reward for the current players. Also, would the rule be the same for the National Championship game as the minor bowls?

How many players travel to the bowl game? Is it the entire roster, or just the traveling roster?

One of the reasons he said he wanted redshirts to play was because of injuries by the end of the year. The bench is shorter for everyone

He has hinted that this rule change is a definite possibility in the near future. But as of now, redshirts can't play in the bowl game.

Top Bottom